Senior Quality Designer
Senior Quality Designer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Vancouver is looking for Senior Quality Designers to join many of our teams across EA. This is an opportunity to develop new quality practices that aim to improve quality across all teams at EA.
- You will always promote a "Player First" approach and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- You will have the end-to-end ownership of Quality strategy and propose tactical solutions to achieve that strategy.
- You will report progress and status through regular communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
- You will research, analyze, and compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries that demonstrate impact to overall Quality.
- You will articulate trends in a relevant community. Understand what the community wants and expects from a type of game and incorporates that understanding into feedback.
- You will use basic problem-solving techniques (i.e., understands inputs and outputs, uses hypothesis setting and testing, etc.) Works collaboratively with other analysts to solve problems.
- You will provide input to management team to assist decision making; helps assess project impact of available options.
- You are a mentor for peers and junior quality designers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- 7+ years’ experience in Game Design, Quality Assurance, or comparable development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.