Senior Character Artist - EA Sports
Senior Character Artist - EA Sports
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About the Organization: EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of EA/EA SPORTS Talent and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: The Senior Character Artists are crucial in the development of AAA video games. They possess exceptional modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills, allowing them to create remarkable character models. These models are based on concepts, scan data, or photo references. The Senior Character Artist plays a vital role in collaborating with internal and external teams to ensure that the visual quality of the content and experiences we create for our players is of the highest standard.
- Working with Art Director, Producers, Technical Artists and Engineers.
- Troubleshooting and creating workflows and documentation.
- Establishing visual targets and prototypes.
- Bringing character concept to life.
- Leading internal and external teams.
- Mentoring new artists in the team.
- Providing feedback and critiques to team members through art reviews.
- Set quality standards and style consistency for the character art in-game.
- Ensuring character assets are at quality for final delivery.
- Performing tasks that require high modeling texturing and sculpting skills.
- 7+ years' experience in modeling and character art
- A portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to a portfolio on the resume.
- Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, substance Painter and Marvelous Designer.
- Experience in prototyping and working with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, engineers and riggers.
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology, and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging and binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Experience presenting art direction focus and art reviews through to our teams.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows to be used by our teams.
- Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.
- Guide other artists on the team, sharing best practices and encouraging a healthy team culture
- Ability to work self-directed, without additional guidance and supervision.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.