Junior Process Engineer
E-One Moli Energy
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited is a leading-edge lithium-ion battery research and development facility located in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are proud of our roots that first began in a Physics lab at UBC in 1977 and have evolved into a world leader in materials research and battery development. Our technically-minded employees are a fantastic group who really love to research and develop great batteries!
We are currently growing our team and searching for a talented Junior Process Engineer. As part of the R&D Engineering team and under the direction of the Product Engineering Supervisor, you will use your sound knowledge of engineering methodologies in production process development, optimization, and problem solving. The role requires the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders in Canada and Taiwan from pilot-scale production, engineering, and overseas manufacturing. If you have excellent organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills with an eye for details and a keen interest in battery technology, this position may be for you!
- Provide technical support for the Model Plant by assessing the root causes concerning issues with the quality of electrode processing.
- Create test plans, analyze, and interpret data and write reports with conclusions and recommendations to qualify slurry mixing processes related to new mixing technology.
- Learn the processes involved in the creation of lithium-ion batteries and capture existing process conditions.
- Propose qualification test plans to increase machine capabilities, process efficiencies, and decrease the occurrence of non-conforming electrodes.
- Collaborate with equipment engineers and R&D scientists to develop equipment process conditions for new electrode materials.
- Write and maintain product related operating procedures and in-process inspection specifications.
- Participate in equipment risk assessments and modify or implement new procedures to ensure personnel safety.
- Work effectively within multi-departmental teams (Equipment Engineering, R&D, Model plant, and Quality) to collaboratively develop robust production processes and solve issues affecting product quality.
- This position will require some overseas travel. 3 trips per year, up to 2 weeks per trip.
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other relevant Engineering disciplines from an EGBC recognized university.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience with continuous improvement and process development activities.
- Experience with battery electrode making is an asset (slurry mixing, electrode coating etc.)
- Familiarity with SPC, and DOE (DX-10 software or similar) is preferred.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience are assets.
- Ability to lead projects independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to ensure successful interactions with stakeholders in Canada and Taiwan.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start
- Professional development and other training opportunities
- Inclusive working environment
- Regular social activities
- Casual attire
Note: This position will be working on-site during the training period with future opportunity to work from home from time to time. This position will require some overseas travel. 3 trips per year, up to 2 weeks per trip.
The company has strict COVID-19 protocols in place for all employees to follow to ensure the health and safety of everyone. All employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Visitors must be able to provide proof of vaccination upon entry.
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity.