E-One Moli Energy
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited is a leading-edge lithium-ion battery research and development facility located in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are proud of our roots that first began in a Physics lab at UBC in 1977 and have evolved into a world leader in materials research and battery development. Under the tradename MOLICEL®, our rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are powering in a wide variety of applications throughout the world – electric vehicles, power tools, medical equipment, energy storage systems – just to name a few. Our technically-minded employees are a fantastic group who really love to research and develop great batteries!
We are currently growing our team and searching for a talented Industrial Engineer for our engineering team. Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, you will be working in an evolving role working on factory planning, transitioning to commissioning and lithium-ion battery manufacturing. You will be collaborating with engineers at the manufacturing facilities in Taiwan with the goal of applying that manufacturing knowledge to an expansion project in Canada. The position provides a good variety of interesting work and will have lots of opportunities for career growth.
- Learn all aspects of lithium-ion battery manufacturing processes.
- Plan factory layouts and manufacturing simulations
- Collaborate with EMT (E-One Moli Taiwan) engineers:
- Participate as part of the team to visit machine vendors
- Witness FAT (factory acceptance testing) at the vendor facility
- Witness SAT (site acceptance testing) at the new factory in Taiwan
- Work with EMT engineers to develop understanding of the new manufacturing equipment
- Create document requirements for commercial discussions with machine vendors (compliance matrix, statement of work, verification test plan)
- Streamline overall factory flow and efficiencies.
- Collaborate on PFMEA.
- Track and drive to closure efficiency and yield issues.
- Design, develop and implement process improvements.
- Create and manage process documentation (schedules, product changeovers, PMs).
- Establish, integrate, and train others on systems to minimize waste (5S, Kaizen, etc).
- Develop and implement metrics and dashboards to monitor yield, WIP, scrap and inventories.
- Communicate and engage with various departments (HR, procurement, production, others) to ensure productivity targets are being met and issues are highlighted in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with latest factory automation technologies.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvements through quarterly projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communicate with our team in Taiwan will require a flexible work schedule to accommodate discussions after regular office hours.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering with EIT or P.Eng designation.
- 3+ years working experience in a similar role in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and process improvement.
- Battery or electronics manufacturing experience an asset.
- Clean room process controls and knowledge of Industry 4.0 are assets.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start
- Professional development and other training opportunities
- Inclusive working environment
- Regular social activities
- Casual attire
Note: This position will be working on-site during the training period with future opportunity to work from home from time to time. Travel up to 50% of the time is expected in the short term (1-2 years). Longer term travel plans to be adjusted, as necessary.
The company has strict COVID-19 protocols in place for all employees to follow to ensure the health and safety of everyone. All employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Visitors must be able to provide proof of vaccination upon entry. E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity.
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity.