Quotation and Components Engineer
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Ready to be Part of Something Extraordinary? Dorigo Systems is currently looking to hire an experienced BOM/Document Control Engineer for our growing Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) company.
- Generate turn key and consignment quotes based on customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain the components database for the ERP system and synchronize it with the database for NPI software.
- Scrub original Bill of Materials in preparation for the quote process and manufacturing assembly process.
- Review customer’s design package (Gerber file, BOM, Pick & Place, Assembly Instructions, Sub-Assembly and Top-Level Assembly, etc.) and provide written Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Test.
- Respond and solve BOM issues in a thorough and expedient manner, ensuring our customer needs and expectations are met.
- Responsible for accurate costed M.BOM.
- Generate and maintain internal part numbers.
- Create and manage internal Bill of Materials.
- Generate and manage Engineering Change Notices.
- Design and run data reports on components in uploaded bill of materials to check BOM integrity, multi-sourcing options, inventory availability and regulation compliance.
- Proactively review components for availability, long-lead time, obsolescence.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Procurement or other functional areas on assigned projects as required.
- Work closely with Project Engineers on NPI projects.
- Work closely with Engineering to standardize and sustain document control procedures and policies.
- Work on other various duties and projects as assigned by department manager.
- Bachelor's degree or post-secondary diploma in Science or Engineering discipline required.
- 3-5 years of experience in NPI Engineering, System Engineering, Manufacturing/Process or Industrial Engineering.
- Knowledge of ERP software, BOM structures, routings and product’s costings.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of components, manufacturer and manufacturer part numbers in the electronics industry.
- Industry experience in contract manufacturing environment.
- Experience in CAD software for PCBAs; Mechanical; and Electromechanical.
- Able to read technical drawings and component datasheets.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and with strong customer skills.
- Knowledge of RoHS, REACH, Conflict Mineral compliance regulations.
- Experience working in an EMS environment an asset.