Quality Engineer - Tech Products Manufacturing
About Delta-Q Technologies:
Delta-Q Technologies (www.delta-q.com) develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With over four million vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally-friendly electric drive systems. Delta-Q was founded in 1999 and is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada.
What We Value:
- Perseverance: We don’t give up when it’s hard.
- Innovation: We improve our products and processes when it’s a competitive advantage.
- Collaboration: We are one team. Respectful, open and honest.
- Driving Results: We are here to win. We work hard to deliver on our commitments.
Doing the Right Thing is the central philosophy at Delta-Q. Four simple words that sum up our values, and so much more about our company. It means doing the right thing for our employees, communities, and customers.
We’re passionate about creating a sustainable business and contributing to a greener future for the world. We have a Vision to 'Charge The Future' and we mean it.
At the end of the day, it’s what keeps us going.
About ZAPI GROUP:
Delta-Q is part of the ZAPI GROUP of companies (www.zapigroup.com), a global leader in motion control, battery charging and autonomous navigation software for electric and hybrid drive systems. As a full-solution supplier, the ZAPI GROUP can support the component needs of every OEM customer to design effective electric vehicles that meet cost goals and comply with tightening environmental standards.
The Quality Engineer will champion Delta-Q’s product quality, quality systems based on ISO9001, and manufacturing aspects of quality and regulatory compliance. The role will also be responsible for the continuous improvement as it relates to quality of both products and processes throughout the organization.
- Oversee daily quality activities by analyzing reports from manufacturing, RMA, warranty, and failure analyses to identify trends and implement actions.
- Manage customer issues using the 8D process, ensuring timely identification, correction, and communication to stakeholders.
- Develop quality and control plans for product sustenance and changes, encompassing process qualification and validations.
- Identify production trends and customer concerns, formulating tactical responses.
- Ensure prompt handling of all quality matters to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Spearhead process and systemic improvements using quality tools like SPC, Lean, DOE, and 5W.
- Collaborate with manufacturing/subcontractors to produce PFMEAs and identify process-related risks.
- Monitor key metrics & KPIs such as FPY, incoming quality, and FAIs, ensuring effective operational performance tracking.
- Promote a quality-centric culture within the organization and at Delta-Q manufacturing locations.
- Support design and manufacturability reviews alongside engineers and suppliers to facilitate error-proofing and DFM.
- Conduct periodic audits on manufacturing sites.
- Engage in weekly quality meetings with international teams in China, Mexico, and India.
- Collaborate with customers and the sales team to assess PPAP requirements and ensure timely submissions and approvals.
- Support and participate in customer on-site audits.
- Oversee changes introduced through the PLM system, ensuring swift implementation and closure.
- Uphold and support environmental compliance and quality standards, including RoHS, REACH, and conflict minerals.
- Handle additional duties as required.
- Possess an education in a related engineering discipline and experience in a quality or product manufacturing environment.
- Collaborative, team-oriented with a hands-on approach.
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office, Statistics, and Minitab.
- Expertise in manufacturing quality control, assurance, and implementing control and quality plans.
- Knowledgeable in quality tools such as PFMEA, 8D, MSA, and analytical methods like 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone.
- Experience with quality systems like ISO9001, especially in electronic product-based systems.
- Familiar with PLM systems, PPAP, and automotive standards.
- Understands change management processes.
- Capable of independent overseas travel to Asia and North America.
- Consistently exhibit and model Delta-Q’s company values (Collaboration, Perseverance, Innovation, Driving Results).
- A competitive base salary with annual salary reviews
- Annual incentive (bonus) programs
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with 2% employer matching with Industrial Alliance (iA)
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with Sunlife Financial
- Paid time off including vacation plus 8 days of personal time
- $300 annual Health Spending Account
- Employee & Family Assistance programming with Inkblot Therapy
- Hybrid work flexibility
- In-house gym and bike storage, showers and lockers
- EV charging stations
- Dog-friendly office