Who We Are
Our world has a waste problem and we’re tackling it head-on. Through next-life logistics for apparel and footwear, we help one of the most planet-damaging industries course correct. We help brands extend the life of their products — and the precious resources used to make them — as many times and ways possible.
We work with transformative companies such as Lululemon, Canada Goose, IKEA Canada, and Everlane. We help strengthen their whole supply chain by finding next-life solutions for their surplus inventory, then implementing the most mutually beneficial path for their business and the planet. Our tech-enabled sortation process and comprehensive network of solution partners in re-commerce, repair, recycling, and responsible disposal work together to create scalable solutions of sustainability that prevent waste problems before they happen.
Since 2009, Debrand has been dedicated to keeping apparel and footwear out of international landfills and into domestic recovery systems. We turn supply chain challenges into clear-cut, brand-aligned solutions that are better for businesses and the planet’s health. Our goal is to propel the apparel industry’s sustainable future by implementing a circular system to help textiles live on and on (and on).
Debrand is seeking a dynamic and self-driven Marketing Manager with a proven track record of developing and executing strategic marketing plans that increase brand awareness, generate leads, and maintain our position as a thought leader in the industry. The manager will be responsible for building strategic foundations for key marketing initiatives and campaigns rooted in customer insights and industry trends and data. As an individual contributor, the manager will work with internal and external creative partners to create compelling, industry-leading work while ensuring a cohesive narrative across the brand. The manager will play a vital role in driving our content strategy and ensuring impactful messaging that resonates with our target audience.
The Marketing Manager will report to the CEO and partner with the VP of Growth to align sales and marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to increase brand visibility, drive website traffic, generate leads for customer and partner acquisition, and optimize online conversion rates.
- Lead a team of marketing professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and results-oriented environment.
- Define and execute digital marketing campaigns across various channels, including SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media, and customer/partner marketing.
- Develop brand awareness through conferences, industry events, networking and identifying partnership opportunities.
- Analyze website and campaign performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and implement data-driven strategies to enhance user experience and maximize revenue generation.
- Drive and leverage all relevant channels to drive brand visibility and demand: ad campaigns, press releases, trade publications, content marketing, thought leadership, videos, webinars, workshops, seminars and other events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and external teams to create and measure impactful marketing materials, campaigns, and messaging that effectively communicate the value of our services and solutions and customer satisfaction.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, industry influencers, and strategic partners to expand market reach and drive growth opportunities, providing strategic guidance and development of related campaign assets.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activities and industry trends to proactively identify growth opportunities and adapt marketing strategies accordingly.
- Manage and optimize marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to achieve business goals.
- Generate insightful reports and presentations to communicate marketing performance, trends, and recommendations to senior management.
- Establish KPIs for marketing effectiveness, using data-driven insights to optimize performance and inform decision-making.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in marketing, and identify opportunities for innovation and competitive advantage.
In order to be considered, the following will be required:
- Cover letter and resume emailed to email@example.com (submissions sent via Linkedin will not be considered)
- Located in lower mainland
- Work in Canada legally
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and branding
- 3+ years in people management and scaling activities from early-stage to company-wide operations
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience driving results through resourceful collaboration across groups is preferred
- Experience in retail and sustainability is preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation - We are committed to supporting the financial security and well-being of our employees.
- Work-Life Balance - We promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible work arrangements, such as hybrid work options and flexible hours for select positions, to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities.
- Professional Development - We are committed to your growth and offer opportunities for professional development through workshops, training programs, and educational assistance to help you enhance your skills and advance your career.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package - We strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment, and our flexible health and wellness benefits – including medical, dental, and vision – reflect our commitment to your well-being. We believe that by taking care of our employees, we can foster a happier, healthier, and more productive workforce.
- A fast-paced environment in a growing company that is at the forefront of solving the global textile waste problem. We have fun, work hard, and feel good about the purpose that we bring to work every day. You’ll get to work with a passionate and talented team who are dedicated to doing the right thing — even when it’s not easy. We stand strong as a voice for change in the fashion industry and our dedication to preserving our planet extends beyond office hours. We uphold the same passion and values in our personal lives — from the local businesses we support to the environmental causes that we proudly advocate for. We celebrate daily ripples of excellence because solving the world’s waste problem won’t happen overnight. We incite change through small, intentional steps that add to something big — and are dedicated to leaving a lasting legacy for the planet and generations to come.
At Debrand, we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive and empowering for every employee. We are an equal-opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or disability status.