Project Co-ordinator, VAS
At Debrand, we take an integrated approach in identifying the apparel industry's needs and supporting solutions across re-use and recycling channels. The process itself is complex, but the goal is simple. We are trying to improve the life cycle of apparel, accessories, and footwear by sorting to scalable technologies in ways never done before. Through partnerships, research, engineering, design, feedback, and a deep understanding of the industry, we aim to do better for the people and the planet.
We are a team of creators, problem solvers, environmentalists, and outdoor enthusiasts. When we see something not going as planned, there is no textbook that we can consult. We must rely on our knowledge of materials and the equipment we are using to create innovative solutions.
About the Role
We are looking to bring on a Project Coordinator to support the exciting growth of our Value-Added Services and special projects. This position requires organization, attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills, and an aptitude for creating reports and following project timelines. Every day will come with different tasks and challenges, therefore a successful Project Coordinator, VAS, is self-motivated, attentive, and always follows-through.
As with most entrepreneurial companies, the role may shift and change quickly as we pivot to keep the needs of our clients and partners as a top priority. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a successful team and expand your skillset to a wide range of business activities with a quickly growing company.
- Monitoring daily progress of projects
- Planning meetings and organizing project logistics
- Working with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Using tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Support in the writing of internal communication documents, including training material, project briefs and end of project reporting
- Presenting progress and results of tasks to management and other interested parties
- Supporting in the planning and coordination of projects and their related activities
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, including sustainability & solution, marketing, sales, and customer support, to seamlessly integrate value-added services into our offerings.
- Maintaining a high standard of quality for our value-added services, actively seeking internal and external feedback and making continuous improvements.
- Monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the impact of value-added service projects
- Performing other relevant duties and administrative support as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Textile Value Chain Management, Sustainability or Business Administration
- 1 – 4 years of experience in Project Coordination or Management
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving abilities and project management skills
- Demonstrated strong interest in environmental and social sustainability and ethical practices
- Familiarity with re-use and recycling channels is considered an asset
- Familiarity with life cycle analysis and other sustainability metrics is considered an asset
- A metrics driven, data analytics and process mindset
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high tolerance for ambiguity and comfort with using professional judgement to make recommendations and/or decisions
- Team-player with a positive attitude who thrives in a global environment, eager to do more and views challenging situations as opportunities
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working
- Must be able to work in Canada
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and remote position available
- Ongoing training and education budgets
Debrand offers a fast-paced environment in a growing company that is at the forefront of solving the global textile waste problem. We have fun, work hard, and feel good about the purpose that we bring to work every day.
Not checking every box? Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Debrand is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Debrand.