Analog/Mixed Signal IC Designer (Hybrid)
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
We are expanding our design team. The IC designer joining us will develop current and next generation quantum processors in our superconductor IC processes. Though an asset, existing knowledge of superconductivity is not a requirement. Strong desire and demonstrable capacity to learn about the physics of superconducting devices, and the art of their design is a requirement. The IC designer will face the challenge of designing real-world products in uncharted territory as we develop and implement novel superconducting devices at unprecedented levels of integration.
Due to the cutting-edge nature of our technology, developing the enabling Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software toolchain is a continuous process. You will contribute to this effort regularly, ensuring we can continue to meet current and future design challenges.
What you'll do:
- Contributing to all aspects of design work
- Working closely with D-Wave's design and scientific teams to conceive, design, implement, measure, and support superconductor circuit designs required for current and next generation quantum processors
- Designing and laying out both analog and digital superconductor-based integrated circuits, including best practice DRC and LVS verification
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the EDA software toolchain
- Developing and performing accurate performance and parametric modeling studies during design phase to improve properties of fabricated circuits
- Work in a variety of fabrication stacks that change rapidly
- Rapidly integrating feedback from test cycles to optimize circuit designs
What you'll bring:
- 2-5 years or more of design experience with analog and/or mixed signal technologies
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in electronic engineering, engineering physics, physics, or computer science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to learn about superconductor circuits and their design
- Must understand IC fabrication processes
- Thorough understanding of the physics of electricity and magnetism
- Demonstrated competence with IC EDA tools
- Demonstrated competence in physical modeling of circuits (e.g. SPICE or similar)
- Demonstrated programming skills. EDA tool development or maintenance is an asset
- Good understanding of algorithms and computational complexity theory
- Excellent critical thinking skills, paying attention to details
- Creative, can work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team, on a wide variety of problems
The Canadian national average salary range for this role is $90,000 to $150,000. The disclosed range reflects the average base salary minimum and maximum target for new hires in the position within Canada. We are looking for candidates in multiple career levels and the respective salary range for the successful candidate will be adjusted for the applicable level and geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Actual compensation within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant education, skills, licenses, training and certifications, experience, as well as business needs.
In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to participate in our Annual Incentive Plan (Bonus plan), equity grants and programs, PTO, and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, STD, LTD, and Travel Insurance.
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.