Manager, Government Grants (Remote)
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s quantum computers and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our company is a quantum computing commercial enterprise! D-Wave ($QBTS) is now officially listed on the NYSE.
About the role:
In our relentless pursuit of growth, we recognize the critical role that government grants play in advancing our mission. We are eagerly seeking a seasoned and strategic individual to join our team as the Manager of Government Grants.
Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the government funding landscape in prioritized regions, strong management skills, and a proven track record in grant acquisition and stakeholder engagement.
What you'll do:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify, evaluate, and prioritize potential government grant opportunities through various channels
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive database of available grants, tracking key details such as deadlines, eligibility criteria, and funding amounts
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, finance, and legal, to craft compelling grant proposals that align with the company's strategic objectives
- Oversee the preparation and submission of grant applications, meticulously managing all documentation and requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant government agencies to facilitate smooth communication during the application review process
- Prepare comprehensive and transparent reports for government agencies, detailing project progress, milestones achieved, and financial accountability
- Proactively engage with government officials, industry associations, and other stakeholders to stay informed about upcoming grant opportunities
- Work collaboratively with our R&D teams with finance teams to develop accurate and realistic budgets and grant-funding opportunities that align with company research goals and objectives
- Implement rigorous budget tracking mechanisms to ensure adherence to financial guidelines and facilitate timely reporting
- Prioritized regions include the United States and Canada. Strengths with European grant programs a plus
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in securing and managing government grants within the Quantum Computing or Cloud industry preferred
- Deep understanding of the regulatory landscape and intricacies of public sector grant programs processes
- Exceptional project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to articulate complex ideas persuasively
- Must be a team player, self-starter and able to work both independently and within teams to foster effective collaboration both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity within the Quantum Computing industry and scientific based grant programs is highly desirable
- This role will be an individual contributor with an ability to provide strategic guidance and leadership with cross-functional teams.
- Travel may occur occasionally
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.