Senior Software Developer (Remote US, Canada - PST/MST)
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
In 2018, D-Wave delivered Leap, the world’s first real-time quantum cloud service. Since this initial release, D-Wave has continued to expand Leap with new and exciting functionality with ambitious plans for the future! We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with experience building complex and dynamic user interfaces to help us build new online tools and content that will delight and engage users while they develop quantum computing powered applications. These applications solve some of the world’s most intractable problems. If you want to collaborate on ground-breaking technology, this is your place!
As part of D-Wave’s Leap UI and Admin team, you will help develop new features and maintain existing code for Leap. There will be an opportunity for the ambitious developer who wants to expand their web development knowledge to work on other aspects of Leap as required or desired. No quantum computing knowledge is required, but you will be given the opportunity to learn as much as you want about this next generation of computing.
Note: While this position can be remote, only candidates based in PST or MST will be considered at this time.
What you'll do:
- Develop new features and functionality for our Leap platform
- Following the Agile Scrum methodology, contributing to all aspects of software development
- Collaborate with stakeholders to capture and review business requirements
- Develop technical designs and lead or participate in technical design reviews from which code, documentation and system tests will be derived
- Write new or update existing code using Leap’s technology stack (React – Python – Django – MySQL – Go – Redis)
- Enhance CI/CD pipelines to deploy Leap to the cloud
- Write automated unit tests for new features and functionality that you develop
- Review code written by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned bugs
- Integrate Leap with third party applications and services
- Get the opportunity to participate in the yearly D-Wave Hackathon where you can bring new ideas to life
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience defining, implementing and consuming REST APIs
- Mid-level experience with Git: branching, merging, issuing pull requests, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Expert level proficiency in Python and at least one other language (preferably compiled)
- Experience with web development
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience using, developing and deploying docker containers
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, curious and passionate attitude towards learning
- Experience developing and deploying software for a cloud-environment such as AWS
- Experience with Golang and Rust
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Great understanding of asynchronous programming techniques
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.