Director, Logistics Sales (Remote US, Canada, UK)
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s quantum computers and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our company is a quantum computing commercial enterprise! D-Wave ($QBTS) is now officially listed on the NYSE.
About the role:
As the Director of Logistics Sales at D-Wave, you will play a pivotal role in driving revenue growth and establishing a strong market presence within the logistics sector. You will be responsible for leading sales, developing strategic business relationships, and identifying opportunities to position quantum-powered computing solutions as integral components for solving complex challenges in logistics.
What you'll do:
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities within the logistics sector while developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy to achieve revenue targets
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline through effective lead generation and prospecting while managing accounts and deal profitability
- Collaborate with clients to articulate the value proposition of our quantum computing solutions and to understand the unique needs and challenges of clients in the logistics industry
- Establish and nurture strong, long-term relationships with key stakeholders
- Successfully acquire and expand new accounts with focus on customer retention and upsell
- Recruit, train, and lead a high-performing sales team focused on the logistics vertical while providing mentorship and guidance to ensure individual and collective success
- Foster a collaborative and results-driven sales culture within the team
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies within logistics
- Conduct market analysis to identify potential business cases and areas for solution positioning
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer success, to ensure alignment with market needs and client expectations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to tailor quantum computing solutions to meet logistics industry requirements
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or a related field and experience; MBA is a plus
- Proven track record of success in B2B sales, with a minimum of 10 years of relevant sales experience preferably in the technology industry selling to the logistics sector
- Deep understanding of the logistics industry, including supply chain management and transportation, logistics operations and analytics, route optimization, capacity planning
- Prior experience launching/selling new solutions to customers in the logistics sector with the ability to articulate value of business cases
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and closing skills while managing accounts and deal profitability
- Proven experience in a leadership role, managing and developing high-performing sales teams to achieve and exceed targets
- Experience running quoting process, responding to RFPs and large deal structure and execution
- Familiarity with quantum computing concepts or a strong willingness to learn and the ability to articulate their application in solving logistics challenges
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Self-starter, capable of boot-strapping a new line-of-business within an existing go-to-market organization
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and compelling manner
- Willingness to travel as needed
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave's policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.