Algorithm Researcher (Remote)
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
D-Wave is looking for an Algorithm Researcher to join us in creating state-of-the-art optimization products for practical problems. You'll develop complex algorithms and heuristics to solve large-scale combinatorial optimization problems. As part of the Algorithms, Performance, and Tools (APT) team, you’ll partner with our internal scientists and engineers as well as real users and other domain experts to develop and bring useful quantum accelerated optimization services to market.
No background in quantum physics is needed since you’ll be working as part of an interdisciplinary team who are passionate about sharing their expertise.
What you'll do:
- Research and develop state of the art algorithms to solve practical optimization problems
- Design and implement novel algorithms that combine the best of quantum and classical computation
- Conduct and participate in technical discussion and code reviews
- Work closely with other researchers and developers at D-Wave to bring a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving
- Promote and encourage good coding and research practices among the research and development teams
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of constraint based local search and/or constraint programming
- Demonstrated experience in writing production-level code and in building real-world applications of advanced optimization algorithms
- Graduate degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field or equivalent experience
- Over 3 years' experience with C++ , Python, or similar programming languages
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Passion for writing state-of-the-art code
- Experience in combinatorial algorithms and discrete optimization; experience with Gurobi, SCIP, CPLEX, LocalSolver, OR-Tools, or similar
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest approaches in heuristic and complete methods for discrete optimization
- No previous quantum computing experience necessary!
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.