Regional Sales Director (Remote, UK)
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our mission is to unlock the power of quantum computing by delivering customer value with practical quantum applications for problems as diverse as logistics, artificial intelligence, materials sciences, drug discovery, cybersecurity, fault detection, and financial modeling.
D-Wave’s systems and quantum cloud services are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations, including Volkswagen, DENSO, Lockheed, and Los Alamos National Laboratory. We have also appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As of August 8, 2022, our organization is a publicly traded quantum computing company, trading on the NYSE as ($QBTS).
About the role:
We are searching for a visionary and dynamic Regional Sales Director to play a key role in driving the growth and success of our sales operations in the EMEA region. Your strategic vision and sales leadership expertise will enable you to lead a high-performing sales team, drive continued revenue, and establish strong relationships with our clients.
Responsibilities include leading and inspiring the sales team, driving new business, and selling D-Wave’s Quantum SaaS/Cloud products and services to new and existing customers in the EMEA. The position entails close collaboration with Sales Engineering for prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns to build pipeline; forecasting and closing business. Additionally, the ability to recruit and manage channel partners, and foster relationships with current customers will be crucial for success in this role.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales strategies for D-Wave’s Quantum Cloud products and solutions to achieve revenue targets and market growth to new and existing customers in the EMEA
- Build, mentor, and motivate a skilled sales team, ensuring they have the necessary tools and support they need to succeed
- Prospecting, lead qualification, product presentations, and local sales campaigns
- Presenting and positioning our products to individual customer prospects, understanding clients’ most critical computational challenges and problems to be solved while helping map D-Wave value within that context
- Translate and present D-Wave’s vision, strategy product roadmaps to value for executive and technical level customers and potential customers
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies within Quantum computing to utilize market insights and make informed sales decisions
- Represent the company at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs in collaboration with sales engineers convey customer requirements and feedback to the Applications Development and Product Management teams
- Identify and recommend new customer projects utilizing D-Wave solutions
What you'll bring:
- Proven track record of success in a Sales leadership role with extensive experience selling products in application development, data analytics, data science or operational process optimization preferably in a cloud, SaaS, or Quantum Computing industry
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills with the ability to motivate and foster professional growth within your team
- College degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM field is preferred
- Ability to effectively engage with algorithm and application development teams for enterprise scale problems
- Demonstrated success in closing multiple $1M+ software license agreements and leading sales teams to achieve and exceed targets
- Experience selling to fortune 1000 enterprises, systems integrators, independent software vendors, and global 2000 enterprises
- Ability to map portfolio of technical software and cloud solutions to the customers’ needs (This is a technical role requiring some solution architecture work)
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and establish credibility with potential customers, partners and key customers
- Strong listening skills, communication skills, and a consultative approach to sales or problem solving aligned to customer goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changes and evolving business requirements
- Must be able to travel frequently (up to 50%+)
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty and integrity, and passion for discovery and success
We celebrate diverse perspectives to drive innovation in our pursuit. Our employees range from distinguished domain experts with decades of experience in their respective fields, to bright and motivated graduates eager to make their mark.
Our diverse and innovative team will make you feel appreciated, supported and empower your career growth at D-Wave.
No 3rd party candidates will be accepted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.