Manufacturing Engineer (Contract)
Manufacturing Engineer (Contract)
Corvus Energy is the leading global supplier of zero-emission solutions for the ocean space. We specialize in developing cutting-edge battery energy storage solutions and hydrogen fuel cell systems to reduce emissions from a wide range of applications, from ferries and offshore vessels to tankers and cruise ships. Our commitment to sustainability and innovation drives our pursuit of powering a clean future.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Manufacturing Engineer. Reporting to the Lead Manufacturing Engineer, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for assisting in the installation and development of Corvus’ next generation production line. The successful candidate will be charged with improving manufacturing processes to further develop, assemble and commission new assembly equipment and the documentation of the processes to enable volume production. The position will be located at our Richmond, Vancouver offices. This is a 12-month contract position.
- Creation & maintenance of assembly work instructions.
- Process Optimization; evaluate and improve existing processes for quality improvement, cost reduction and capacity improvement.
- Process Development: develop processes to improve capacity and quality.
- Process Validation & Verification; ensure product meets requirements and specifications.
- Process & Gauge R&R
- Develop & perform process training for staff.
- Support the Continuous Improvement processes.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college.
- Experience in creating and maintaining PFD, PFMEA and Control Plans
- 5+ years of experience working alongside a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with multi-axis robots preferred.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD, SolidWorks is preferred.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Composer is an asset.
- Have a general understanding of Quality Management Systems.
- An understanding of keyhole welding is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Detail-oriented personality type, self-starter, structured, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Process-oriented, efficient, and resourceful, with close attention to detail.
- Have the drive and flexibility to fit in with a growing company.
Our Corporate Values
In Corvus Energy, our values provide a guideline for correct behavior and create a common understanding amongst employees. These values are aligned with Corvus Energy’s strategic goals and reflect our company’s leadership vision. These values also serve as guiding principles for all leaders and set out our expectations of leadership conduct.
- We act with Integrity
- We drive Innovation
- We are Team Players
- We are Passionate
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience with the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies that contribute to a sustainable future. As an organization, we also strive for a good work–life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
Joining our team will provide you with the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies that contribute to a sustainable future.
If you find this position interesting, we encourage you to apply. We are a fast-growing company with a strong demand for our products, being the undisputed market leader in one of the most exciting industries in the ocean space. Join our team and be a key player in our success story of Powering a Clean Future all around the world.