Director Client Experience, Asia Pacific and Japan
Location: Remote working within the Asia-Pacific & Japan region.
We currently have an opening for a Director Client Experience, Asia Pacific and Japan. This role reports to the Managing Director, APJ with a dotted line to the Global Vice President, Client Experience and has overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all projects in the region and the ongoing success of our clients.
The Director Client Experience (CX) is responsible to ensure we deliver the “Copperleaf Experience” during the:
- Initial implementation of our solution;
- Delivery of additional professional services as contracted, and;
- Support period.
(S)he is expected to personify the Copperleaf Culture and in particular, our drive to:
- Provide Extraordinary Client Experiences, and
- Deliver Exceptional Value
The Director of Client Experience is also expected to contribute to the leadership of the worldwide Client Experience team and will work with other team members to support the continued improvement of Copperleaf’s processes and service delivery methodology.
Keys to Success:
Copperleaf sells into an early-stage and growing market in the area of asset investment planning and management. To be successful in this dynamic and changing environment, the ideal candidate will:
- Understand and put into action the Copperleaf culture
- Possess strong individual consulting skills
- Continually develop expertise in the asset management domain, in decision analytics, in the business and technical challenges of our clients’ vertical markets and in the capabilities of the Copperleaf software suite.
- Have a great ability to motivate a team
- Possess the ability to innovate to create high value
- Possess the ability to think laterally on the fly
- Have a passion for recognizing opportunities that would enhance the value of Copperleaf’s solution
- Have experience contributing to and supporting sales pursuits to prospective and existing clients
- Be a fast learner, open to new ideas
- Be totally focused on the success of our team, partners and clients
- Communicate well with clients, partners, sales, marketing, and Copperleaf’s leadership team
- Be comfortable with ambiguity as the market evolves
Primary responsibility is to create exceptional value for our clients, partners and shareholders through excellence in the delivery of professional service engagements to our clients in the APJ region.
The Director, Client Experience will also be required to occasionally take direct, hands-on responsibility for key projects and to contribute as a principal consultant. This is anticipated to be less than 20% of the total workload for this role. Primarily, this role will achieve success through the development, mentoring and deployment of CX team members. Delegation of workload to achieve scalable systems and processes will be key to success.
- Ensure that 100% of regional projects are successfully delivered to clients
- Ensure that we capture value for the work we undertake with clients, and maintain great working relationships with our clients
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, prioritizing, coordinating, delivering, billing and transitioning our APJ clients to support
- Work with practice leads to co-ordinate resourcing and utilization across practice areas
- Co-ordinate with regional directors in other geographies to provide mutual support as it makes sense
- Build a world class professional services team in APJ that delivers high client satisfaction (engagements delivered on scope, on budget, on schedule and on quality)
- Ensure that all client engagements are well planned, and work with the relevant practice leads to ensure that all resources required to fulfill the engagement including client and partner resources as well as Copperleaf resources outside the CX team are scheduled
- Work with the Managing Director, APJ and Global VP, Client Experience to develop an APJ CX staffing plan to meet forecast client needs
- Assign resources to support various pre-sales activities as requested to deliver on Copperleaf’s overall goals
- Understand and practice the Copperleaf culture and model the culture for team members, partners and clients
- Responsible for 360 reviews of all direct reports
- Responsible to provide timely feedback to team members to help increase their performance and personal satisfaction
- Regularly communicate client updates to the regional and global management teams. Deliver timely reports of team activities
The successful candidate must:
- Work well in a team environment
- Have a successful track record leading professional services teams, or related teams
- Overall experience in serving clients for over 5 years
- Experience in large software system deployments for over 5 years
- Experience in AIPM and the successful implementation of AIPM solutions or related a bonus
- Bachelor, Masters or PHD in relevant discipline (e.g. engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics)
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, culture is at the very core of who we are and what we do. We’re a world-class team of innovators that inspire one another to learn and continually push the limits of what’s possible. We cultivate an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where teamwork is key to success. We value a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is committed to building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies and winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.