Senior Software Engineer
CoPilot AI, an award-winning Vancouver-based SaaS startup, is revolutionizing how businesses grow by humanizing digital interactions at scale. At the heart of our mission is the belief in the power of authentic, mutually beneficial human connections, as the cornerstone of business growth. Through our AI technology, we target qualified prospects on social media, ignite personalized conversations, and unearth timely sales opportunities – all without resorting to cold calling, expensive advertising, or events. Our commitment is to foster a space where our clients can enjoy more meaningful conversations at scale.
As we chart a course to our exciting next chapter, we're on the hunt for a dynamic and motivated Vancouver-based Senior Software Engineer to join our R&D team!
Our Core Product team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building cloud services and strives to make a significant impact on the overall strategy and growth of our company. In this role, you will be expanding the range of features and building and scaling our social media integration platform. You will also mentor our junior engineers to help grow the engineering team.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a critical role in CoPilot AI’s ambitious growth plans and seamlessly combines industry knowledge, innovative vision, emotional intelligence, thought leadership and a solutions-driven approach to promote excellence in alignment with CoPilot AI’s people-first culture.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, test and deploy distributed software services and solutions that are highly extensible and scalable
- Establish “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Use Domain Driven Design to model the business domain to define boundaries of microservices
- Enhance the existing code and frameworks to improve the life of our engineering team
- Monitor our deployment environments to ensure high availability and reliability of our system
- Provide strong influence to our front-end and back-end architecture
- Collaborate with the UX team to provide and deliver a customer-centric user experience to our customers
- Review designs and code to maintain the high bar for quality
- Present in Lunch and Learns to share your knowledge and experience
- Mentor engineers to help build a strong, cohesive team
- Challenge the status quo and always look for ways to improve
- Collaborate with other developers and departments to create technical solutions that add to the growth of the company
- Be a team player who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to create a positive work environment
This is an important role within the company, and our expectations are equally high. Whatever you do should drive growth in the right direction. We will reward the right candidate with career growth, professional development opportunities and perks. Most importantly, you will be part of a success story, joining a team of high-performing professionals committed to excellence.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product development experience, preferably with a strong focus in full-stack development of large scale cloud computing and/or distributed systems environments
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering, including the application of principles related to conceptual design
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers
- Strong resilience to overcome all obstacles
- Has a good track record for leading projects and their delivery
- Enviable interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with team members, management and external partners
- Strong strategic thinking skills paired with the courage to challenge the status quo
- Extremely proactive and thrives in a dynamic, move-fast, roll-up-your-sleeves culture
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Compensation: A competitive annual base salary between the range of $90,000 CAD to $132,000 CAD, commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work environment with 2 days per week in our office located in downtown Vancouver, and work from home when you need it.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We've got you covered with a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health and Wellness Spending Account: We care about your well-being inside and outside the office. You will receive an additional $200 per month for a health and wellness spending account for gym memberships, haircuts, ski lift tickets, home office set up, and more.
- Paid Time Off: We offer a generous paid time off policy as we believe that rest and rejuvenation are key for high performance.
- Stock Options: Upon joining CoPilot AI, you will receive stock options with the expectation of significant value. We're a team of high performers working together on a breakthrough success story, and we want you to share in the value we're creating.
- Culture Building Initiatives: Company-wide events hosted by our Culture Committee, as well as regular team events, designed to foster connections between CoPilotteers.
Our Values? Glad You Asked!
#Innovation: We are passionate about creating, innovating, and pioneering. We constantly strive to challenge the status quo.
#Boldness: We care deeply about our work and the impact we make. We are audacious in our decisions and actions, showcasing our commitment to the success of our customers and our team.
#Authenticity: We pride ourselves on being genuine, transparent, and real in all our interactions. We believe in authenticity, which we exhibit both internally and externally.
As of April 8, 2022, employers are no longer required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and must follow communicable disease guidance instead. Currently, team members come into the office twice per week.
About CoPilot AI
CoPilot AI has been recognized as a BC Technology Impact Award finalist and lauded by Canadian Business as the winner of the Best Pivot award and one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies. Deloitte recently spotlighted us as a 2021 Canada Companies-to-Watch Winner!
As an equal opportunity employer, CoPilot AI truly stands behind #diversity and are committed to creating an environment of inclusion where hiring decisions are based on merit and business needs and without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoPilot AI also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
About CoPilot AI
CoPilot AI is a Vancouver-based SaaS start-up with a mission: to innovate the way people grow their businesses, by humanizing digital interactions, in a scalable way. We are a BC Technology Impact Award finalist, named by Canadian Business as the winner of the Best Pivot award and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. We were also recently named by Deloitte as a 2021 Canada Companies-to-Watch Winner.
Senior Software Engineer
Already working at CoPilot AI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.