Senior Geotechnical Engineer
ConeTec is an international full-service geo-environmental and geotechnical site characterization contractor. We offer clients superior site investigation services across the globe, with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Oceania. ConeTec is well known in the industry as a respected worldwide site characterization contractor.
We offer a great Group Benefits package including health, dental, vision, health and wellness spending account, RRSP, employee stock program, life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability plan, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
SCOPE OF POSITION
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Geotechnical Engineer to complement our team and lead our data analysis and reporting division, while supporting the business as a subject matter expert. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant geotechnical experience, with a keen interest in advanced geotechnical site characterization and more specifically, in-situ testing of soils.
Take your geotechnical career to new heights and be part of the ConeTec team committed to excellence and innovation in site characterization.
OVERALL GOALS FOR POSITION
- A passion for safe and high-quality geotechnical site characterization, instilling this commitment in all team members.
- An interest in geotechnical research and development, contributing to the advancement of knowledge.
- Utilize excellent mentoring and team management skills to guide and support junior engineers, fostering their professional growth within the organization.
- Apply strong analytical skills to the practical application of geotechnical engineering, ensuring robust data presentation solutions.
- Exhibit a strong sense of customer service and deadline management in a fast-paced production environment.
ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Foster strong client relationships; dialogue with clients about their site investigation and in-situ testing data needs.
- Actively participate in professional and industry associations, including conferences and trade shows.
- Implement and manage operational plans and projects.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the data analyst team, direct the execution of reporting projects, and assist with troubleshooting.
- Provide final review of geotechnical data reports prior to issuance to clients.
- Ensure the team delivers accurate, timely and high-quality data reports suited to clients’ needs
- Recruit, train and develop required staff. Supervise, monitor, and evaluate performance of employees; conduct performance reviews with direct reports.
- Be a senior subject matter expert within the ConeTec group, supporting business units worldwide as needed.
- Engage with and support internal and external research and development projects.
- Initiate and author technical papers on innovative site characterization.
- Develop a safe and collaborative working environment.
- Collaborate with cross-divisional teams.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master's or PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) registration in Canada. Experience as a responsible member, or the stewardship of professional practice within an organization are an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 10 years in academic, consulting, or contractor geotechnical engineering with a focus on site characterization.
- Proficiency in relevant software and analytical tools used in geotechnical engineering and research.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to liaise with clients, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Proven leadership capabilities, driving collaboration and project success.
- A track record of applying innovative solutions to practical geotechnical challenges.
- Skills in software development is an asset.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ConeTec is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law.