Driller's Assistant / Assistant Field Operator
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ConeTec is an international full-service geo-environmental and geotechnical site characterization contractor. We offer clients superior project management and site investigation services across the globe, with a large presence in the Americas and Australia. ConeTec is known in the industry as a great place to work. We commit to all employees that we will provide a respectful, positive, and enriching work environment. We want you to look forward to going to work every day. We reward and recognize staff for exceptional contributions to the company. Our success is a direct result of the people who work here.
ConeTec offers a comprehensive benefits package for all regular full-time employees including extended health, vision, dental, long-term disability and life insurance, wellness program, RRSP program, corporate stock incentives, a referral bonus, professional development and more.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The successful Driller's Assistant/Assistant Field Operator will be a quick study, able to learn the steps for each activity to provide the Field Operator and Field Engineer with any help they might require; and in time, doing so instinctively. This person will work closely with equipment operators, gaining hands-on experience with unique heavy machinery in a variety of environments, learning basic maintenance, and providing consistent, high-quality upkeep of the rig and general working area. A successful candidate must have a strong desire to learn, an energetic work ethic, and be unafraid to get his or her hands dirty.
ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Set up and assist in operating various drilling equipment, sampling systems, geophysical instruments and other in-situ testing equipment following ConeTec’s procedures in a safe and productive manner.
- Become trained, company-certified and competent to operate numerous types of drilling equipment and other pieces of equipment within our extensive fleet.
- Assist with the mobilization and demobilization of equipment in hard-to-access environments.
- Perform routine maintenance on various pieces of equipment to ensure optimal performance.
Health & Safety
- Contribute to and respect ConeTec’s safety culture, first and foremost.
- Ensure knowledge of all necessary safe operating procedures before beginning any job.
- Report any incidents, infractions, or near misses to the Project Manager and the HSE Officer, immediately.
Other General Responsibilities
- Communicate with the Supervisor or Project Manager as to any equipment problems or needs, as well as any field observations that might be of use.
- Perform other shop functions as required.
- Seek ways to improve operating procedures/processes.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education & Experience requirements:
- High school diploma
- Experience or training relevant to drilling/sampling and/or heavy equipment operations/mechanics.
- Experience boating, driving pickup trucks, operating tracked equipment, operating Argo ATV's, etc. are an asset but not required.
Technical skill requirements:
- Electrical and mechanical skills are an asset but not required.
Soft skill requirements:
- Must possess strong work ethic and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be responsible and work well independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Must enjoy working outdoors and travelling for extended periods of time.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have a valid driver's license. Class 5 minimum and Class 1 preferred.
- First aid, H2S alive, and other industry training are considered an asset but not required.
- Candidate must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Pre-access medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required
ConeTec is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law.