Email Marketing Strategist
About Charitable Impact
Charitable Impact started as a bold idea and evolved quickly into an unwavering belief: everyone should have access to resources that help them build the brighter future they imagine. We provide a donor-centric giving platform, supported by a donor advised fund, that helps people amplify their generosity to create the change they want to see in the world. We simplify the giving process, allowing donors to manage all of their giving from one place, access timely tax receipts, and donate in a variety of ways including cash, publicly traded stocks, company shares, and many other options. Anyone can use it to find and give to their favourite charities from one place, give with friends and others, and get support with making their biggest impact possible. So far, Canadians across the country have donated more than one billion dollars through our platform.
We take care of each other
Our team members enjoy competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it. We support each other, learn from one another, and grow together. We're on an adventure to make giving an intentional and joyful part of daily life! So, come and join us, and let's build a brighter future together.
What you’ll do
As an experienced strategist, you will synergize and optimize our email/SMS marketing strategies, channels, and touchpoints from across our multiple departments to help us grow. This role will start as a 12-month contract to help us develop and execute a robust strategy across our various audience segments and lifecycle stages. There is potential for this role to develop into a permanent position.
We are a hybrid office, with team members working from home and in the office.
Platform Audit & Execution
- Work collaboratively with the Growth Marketing Lead and cross-departmental managers to collect feedback on the strengths and shortcomings of our existing EMS platform
- Define use cases for each key internal user type, and uncover and report on system proficiencies and deficiencies
- Execute a platform audit with recommendations on system improvements and/or system alternatives
- Perform an in-depth analysis of industry leading EMS providers, outlining the advantages of each and recommending whether to migrate to a new system
- Depending on the organizational decision, lead and execute upgrades to the existing system or the migration to a new provider.
- Interview the departmental heads of our Brand, Product Design, Corporate Communications, Donor Experience, Charitable Investment Program, Finance, and Operations teams to develop a map of existing audiences, journeys, touchpoints and messaging - outlining opportunities and gaps within the existing framework
- Work with the Research team to define key persona/behavioral segments, user life cycles, decision journeys, and critical touchpoints
- Develop a cohesive remarketing strategy, across our various user and influencer groups, according to key stages in their decision journeys and life cycles.
Audience Segmentations, Journeys and Workflows
- Re-architect existing (and new) contact lists according to key user types and life cycle stages
- Build in-depth email/SMS workflows around the natural journeys and critical touchpoints of each core segment, driving conversion and repeat activity
- Optimize transaction and action-based automation, pertaining to dynamic content and timely outreach according to segment
- Create and maintain content calendars around seasonal transaction/activation dates, in sync with auto-responsive workflows
- Support custom campaigns and workflows around unique offers and special events
- Monitor all regulatory guidelines according to CASL and sector authorities applicable to our audiences and market places, ensuring that all email/SMS strategies and executions remain within compliance.
Messaging & Design
- Collaborate with the Brand Design team to build email templates, according to the needs informed by segment workflows and custom/ad hoc requirements
- Work with the content teams to develop messaging according to segment personas, stages, actions and custom/ad hoc requirements
- Adjust and evolve email/SMS outputs with specialist colleagues in response to analytics, research, and conversion indicators
- Consistently utilize A/B and multivariate testing to optimize conversion, improve user experience, and maintain optimal workflows.
- Work with the Operations/Business Analysis team to set Level 1 analytic dashboards that track conversions, behaviors and other performance indicators according to key objectives, audience segments, and life cycle stages
- Monitor Level 2 analytics to grade performance of individual email/SMS components and outputs
- Provide Level 1 & 2 weekly analytic reports to key stakeholders and in organization-wide meetings.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years specializing in email/SMS marketing - conducting a combination of strategic planning and tactical execution
- Proven prowess in leading CRM, audience segmentation, client journey mapping, and design/messaging execution
- Technical fluency using industry-leading EMS tools, such as Hubspot or Klaviyo, and analytical instruments, like GA4 and PowerBI
- Formal degree or diploma in marketing, communications, business administration, or equivalent experience
- A team contributor versus a solo player, promoting collaboration and supporting the needs & objectives of your colleagues
- Drive to continually push the bar higher, embrace innovation, welcome feedback, seek new information, and measure results
- Bonus: experience utilizing HTML, CSS and SQL.
What we offer
- Professional development. We believe in supporting our team members in achieving their professional goals.
- Monthly donation matching. To encourage you to give.
- Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
Our people make us great
We love working with creative and open-minded people who bring imagination and courage to work, who treat others with respect and kindness, and who act on their generosity each day. We're committed to building an inclusive and collaborative workplace that values equity and welcomes everyone.
At Charitable Impact, we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our hiring process.