Talent Acquisition Specialist
Black & White Zebra
People & HR
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
About the Role:
Black and White Zebra is an independent media tech company that owns and operates a growing portfolio of digital media brands and publishing technology. We're on a mission to help people win at work and to help us achieve this, we're hiring for a new member of the Talent Acquisition team.
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for sourcing, attracting, and engaging Subject Matter Experts and content creators relevant to the portfolio of publications.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, your primary goal will be to ensure a smooth and efficient recruitment process while maintaining a focus on candidate experience and employer brand.
Who you are:
- You’re experienced at interviewing and knowledgeable about different interview techniques and best practices
- You are excellent at sourcing talent and are able to leverage multiple talent attraction channels
- You are able to prioritize tasks with little to no supervision based on the needs of the business and your individual KPIs and goals
- You are a people person - you love meeting new people, finding out what makes them tick and getting them engaged and excited about BWZ
- Results-oriented and process driven, you’re organized and efficient
- You have a passion to continuously improve and with high expectations for both yourself and the team
- Create engaged talent pools and increase brand awareness to help with organic applications and quality of talent applying to our open positions.
What you'll be doing (responsibilities):
- Take ownership of various campaigns with accountability for time to hire and candidate experience
- External candidate sourcing and initial screening of subject matter experts, writers and contributors
- Manage the inbound recruitment pipeline across your open requisitions
- Keep the ATS (Lever) up to date and organized and post new roles as required
- Build engaged pools of candidates for the business
- Attend local meetups and events to help develop local company recognition
- Ensure candidates are kept "in the loop" and are receiving timely communication and/or updates on their status in the recruitment process
- Interview scheduling and administration
- Recruitment reporting and metrics, as requested
- Assist with internal hires and additional administrative People Ops duties as requested
How your success will be measured:
- Time to fill positions
- Response Rate
- Candidate pass through rate
Your skillset includes:
- Experience managing a demanding interview schedule
- Ability to source candidates with niche skills both in Canada and abroad
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience in a fast scaling start-up
- Previous experience recruiting in the Digital Media/Publishing space
- Previous experience creating engaged talent pools
This full-time position is available as a remote, hybrid or onsite position, depending on location. With an annual salary in the range of $60,000 to $75,000 CAD. The range is a guide for the expected skills, knowledge and experience for new hires based in Canada only. Seniority level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. This means ranges will vary for candidates based outside of Canada and/or at different seniority levels. In addition to annual salary, full time employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 70+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 14 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!