Market Research Analyst
Black & White Zebra
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
BWZ is hiring a Market Research Analyst to research, trial, experiment, and create content to review software and services for one of our professional focused publications.
About the Role:
The Market Research Analyst will leverage their expertise in research and content creation to deliver unbiased software analysis and create review content that engages and educates our audience to make more informed buying decisions. The right candidate will leverage their knowledge of the industry and SaaS tools to creative authoritative, trustworthy review content, and conduct research to stay on top of software trends.
The Market Research Analyst will work as part of our Technology Content Team, a group of experts driven to create award-winning content that helps professionals select the tools they need to win at work. The Market Research Analyst will collaborate closely with various internal teams to provide insights, guidance, and oversight related to Software Review best practices.
How your success will be measured:
Your success will be directly measured by the market reports you create and infuse with research and how well the content you contribute performs in driving traffic to our publications. We'll look for consistency in the production of content that meets and exceeds expectations of quality.
You'll also be measured based on your professional growth. We don't expect change overnight, but we do expect you won't be the same writer you were six months after you started.
Who you are:
- A lover of tools and technology who loves to try the latest and greatest software
- A curious investigator diligent in finding simple answers to challenging questions
- An experienced content creator or journalist with an ability to breathe life into dry topics
- A solid writer, passionate and confident in communicating complex ideas simply
- A confident presenter, able to clearly communicate with enthusiasm through video
- Proven experience prioritizing workload to accommodate evolving objectives
- Able to manage, execute, and delegate with urgency and purpose
What you'll be doing (responsibilities):
- Researching the latest and emerging software and tools used in one of our publication industries (HR, IT, project management, product management, customer experience, finance, revenue operations, or marketing)
- Connecting with technology providers to better understand how these tools work and compare to others in the industry
- Connecting with users, subject matter experts and software consultants to better understand how they use and perceive the end-user experience of these tools
- Compile your research into a comprehensive software report to infuse expertise into our tools database, enhance existing content, and produce market reports
- Develop written and video in-depth reviews and thought leadership content backed by data and first-hand experience with a focus on providing value to our target audience
- Improve existing software review content with your findings, enhancing our expertise by adding your direct experience with a platform
- Educating our audience, through fun written and video content, on the tools that exist and how they can add value to professionals
- Evangelize one of our publications, meet with community experts, present trends during events, speak at industry-related conferences, and share educational content through our channels
Your skillset includes:
- Experience writing about SaaS tools and B2B content: 2+ years
- Experience presenting explainer video content: 1+ years
- Grin-worthy English writing skills
- Command over voice, tone, and narrative with the ability to adapt and grow
- The ability to breathe life and inject humor into traditionally dry and technical topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Solid understanding of content KPIs
- The ability to remain unflappable and driven to deliver success in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- A great attitude and convivial nature
Nice to haves:
- Intermediate WordPress skills
- Experience hosting and presenting podcasts & video channels
- Experience using a specific vertical software
- Experience creating templates with a specific vertical of software
- Experience writing in-house for a specific vertical of software
- Experience consulting for specific vertical of software
This full time position is available as a remote position, with an annual salary in the range of $75,000 to $95,000 CAD. The range is a guide for the expected skills, knowledge and experience for new hires based in Canada only. Seniority level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. This means ranges will vary for candidates based outside of Canada and/or at different seniority levels. In addition to annual salary, full time employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 70+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 14 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!