Link Building Strategist
Black & White Zebra
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
At Black & White Zebra our publications are the cornerstone of our company. On a daily basis they help people win at work through educational, advisory, thought leadership and relevant content.
We build communities through written content, engaging video series, award winning podcasts and highlighting industry leaders.
As our portfolio of brands grows in multiple SAAS verticals so does our desire to grow our SEO footprint. Our communities are scaling rapidly and we need a Link Building Strategist to help us reach our lofty goals.
As our Link Building Strategist, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of the link profile growth for each publication.
You will be experienced in strategy, ideation, planning and execution for link acquisition in the SAAS industry as well as managing external partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Meticulously planning the link strategy for each of our publications (10+) every month
- Managing our Digital PR and publicity partner relationships to repeatedly place our editors in front of top tier media
- Making campaign decisions that will help our sites get featured in global news publications
- Managing external partners to ensure they meet requirements and maintain the highest quality of delivery
- Building links on autopilot: run the ideation, creation and outreach of assets that will attract links consistently over time
- Reporting on the impact and growth of link building campaigns
- Managing the budget for working with each of our external partners
- Understanding the business goals and how link building plays its part in achieving them
- Overseeing our proprietary platform designed to build relationships within the SEO industry
Your skill set includes:
- 5 years building links, earning links and managing campaigns in the SAAS industry
- Can show examples where you’ve acquired links and growth website traffic as a result
- Super detail oriented and knowledge that the small details make the biggest difference in link building
- You know what makes an impactful and relevant link
- You understand content that earns links and how to go about the whole process end-to-end
- You’re a natural at building relationships
- Have managed the workflow of contractors and freelancers and optimised their time efficiently
- A master in prioritisation and organisation
- Be grounded in solid SEO fundamentals and inherently know how links impact our search performance
- Fluent with Ahrefs, SEMRush and any suite of tools required to get the job done
- Bring innovative ideas, approaches, tools, websites, and platforms for us to test, adopt, and iterate on our current approach.
Nice to haves:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- You prioritise automation for tasks that don't require human execution
- We have big plans and ideas on how we want to scale. Being adaptable and self-motivated comes with the role
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 50+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 12 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!