Director of Account Management
Black & White Zebra
Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Black and White Zebra is an independent media tech company that owns and operates a growing portfolio of digital media brands and publishing technology. Our collaborative hub of creators and industry SMEs produces and promotes world-class content that serves as a catalyst for trusting, genuine, and loyal communities to form.
We’re looking to hire a highly skilled and results-driven Director of Account Management to lead our team of account managers. Our Account Management team is responsible for managing all expansion within our customer base and generating pipeline by prospecting into key accounts.
What you’ll be doing
As a Director of Account Management, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and success of our Account Management and Support team as we look to establish a repeatable pipeline for continued growth and success. Ideally you’ll be someone that’s willing to be hands-on and lead the team by example. Taking the lead on key accounts and guiding the team on best practices related to pipeline creation, customer conversion and customer retention.
Your day to day will involve the leadership and support of a team of account managers to find opportunities for growth within our existing customer base while improving and iterating on our customer onboarding experience. By taking a data driven approach, you will be responsible for identifying key accounts or opportunities with the highest revenue impact potential and coaching your team through various sales and account management tactics to achieve growth targets. A key area of focus for our expansion strategy is positively impacting our upsell and cross product penetration rate. You will be expected to create a scalable upsell and account management cadence for all existing customer accounts in order to achieve sustained growth and a seamless, best-in-class customer experience. This will involve coordinating with our technology teams, revenue operations, business development, and growth marketing teams.
This role reports directly to the COO and works closely with our Director of Partnerships & Business Development.
- Have 5+ years of experience managing customer accounts in a B2B environment
- 3+ years experience leading a team in the account management, customer success or inside sales space
- Experience with performance marketing & email marketing campaigns, and a broad understanding of digital marketing channels
- Proven success, leading high performing sales or customer success teams responsible for all things account management i.e. customer retention, satisfaction, and upsells.
- Experience implementing and refining sales methodologies to adapt to the environment we work in.
- Experience working within a CRM environment and coordinating with revenue operations teams to optimize processes and workflows
- Experience creating and implementing scalable account management cadences and customer success processes
- Excellent communication skills over email, chat, phone and video calls - you are someone who has strong business acumen, actively listens, and has the ability to confidently have conversations with executives and key stakeholders in the sales process
- Be the voice and champion of the customer to the product team and other cross functional organizations.
- A solid understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles
- An analytical thinker who knows how to turn metrics into decisions and present data in a meaningful and impactful way.
Success will look like:
- Successfully introduce motions to maximize customer satisfaction, retention, renewals, forecasting accuracy, and cross-functional collaboration
- Drive operational excellence in the day-to-day management of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, analytics, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Achieve optimal utilization of customers advertising budget with scalable account management and pacing strategies
- Prioritize account management and inside sales efforts with a focus on maximizing inventory utilization
- Positively impact revenue with sustained growth from our existing customer base providing superior account management and customer success
Black and White Zebra is a rapidly growing, independent media tech company headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Since 2012, our portfolio of influential digital publications has been helping millions of people succeed at work.
Our brands cover project management, product management, people management, customer experience, quality assurance and others, with the goal of connecting people with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to succeed professionally.
We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then, we’ve grown into an international team of 50+ creators, strategists, and innovators with a portfolio of more than 12 online publications. We enjoy an impact-driven environment that combines the agility of a startup with the creativity of an agency and the diversity of a global company.
We’ve recently ranked #30 in The Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companylist and received a CMI award for Best Digital Publication for The Digital Project Manager—and we’re listed in both Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and Best Employers in BC.
All of this growth is driven by our commitment to our mission: In a world of evolving skills, practices, and technology, we’re creating a playbook for the future of work and empowering communities to create it with us.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
Black and White Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that continue to help make our team impactful, iterative, adaptable, and fun!