Solutions Demonstration Consultant
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
The primary focus of the Solutions Demonstration Team is to support the Software Enterprise Sales Team through the demonstration of Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Mobile Data, Field-Based Reporting, and Jail Management software as part of the overall sales process. This includes Public Safety Applications, Next Generation 911, Video Solutions, Control Center solutions, Mobile Data, and Portable Devices to federal, state, regional, local, government and public safety agencies.
The Solutions Demonstration Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conducting software product demonstrations for potential and existing customers
- Providing technical assistance to sales personnel in performing product demonstrations and in answering existing prospective customer questions
- Providing technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions
- Assisting sales personnel in solving complex sales support problems surrounding product capabilities and functions
- Must present demonstration with energy and enthusiasm
- Evaluating personal effectiveness of product demonstrations
- Following defined product demonstration policies and procedures and makes recommendations for improving these policies and procedures
- Maintaining required level of technical expertise by performing product demonstrations and answering customer questions regarding functions and features
- Providing customers and sales representatives with technical advise on pre-sales product demonstrations
- Providing post-sale consulting support for the operating software products
- Must be willing to travel over 70%
- Seeking 4+ years of experience working in the Public Safety Industry
- Prior experience in dispatch, law enforcement or other public safety disciplines, Instructional Technology, or Business Administration preferred; Graduate of law enforcement training academy preferred
- Seeking 2+ years of technical product user experience or support experience
- Specific experience with Motorola FLEX software products preferred
- Knowledge of Flex system preferred
- Prior experience as a law enforcement or public safety officer preferred
- Experience with and an in-depth working knowledge of public safety software including records management software preferred
- Must conduct demonstrations with enthusiasm and energy
- Ability to travel frequently
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 4+ years of public safety experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.