Federal Project Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers. The Federal Project Manager will support Motorola Solutions Federal Division, specifically supporting the Civil / Law Enforcement Agencies
- Manages the implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Conducts and prepares documentation for internal and external project status reviews.
- Develops and executes detailed project plans which address all scope required by the contract such as design reviews, schedules, installation, equipment configuration, training, and testing.
- Manages and directs subcontractors by creating detailed statements of work, negotiating purchase order results, scheduling installation efforts, and ensuring all subcontracted scope is completed per the project requirements.
- Plans, manages and forecasts project financials including budgets and revenue.
- Controls equipment inventories.
- Prepares technical proposal bids/change orders for system integration projects, as needed.
- Receives positive customer satisfaction survey results at the close of each contract.
May live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport.
Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% or more of the time away from home within the continental U.S.
Must be willing to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly preferred.
- Experience with implementing IT communications systems preferred.
- Experience managing and implementing contracts for the government customers/end-users preferred.
- Prior technical background as an Engineer, Senior Technician, Project Leader, or similar experience is desirable.
- Ability to successfully apply advanced project management skills in such areas as customer relations, team building, project planning, conflict resolution, risk management and cost management.
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Capable of developing detailed project status reports and conducting formal customer briefings.
- Experience forecasting and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience writing statements of work (SOW) and managing subcontractors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project and Excel.
- Able to manage complex projects remotely
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
USFGMD - ClearedJobs.net
- 5+ years of experience in an Engineering, Project Management discipline or Military experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.