At Motorola Solutions, we’re guided by a shared purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We’re solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That’s mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We’re solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that’s critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
Aperçu de l’entreprise
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous sommes guidés par un objectif commun: aider les gens à donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes dans les moments les plus importants - et nous sommes à la hauteur de notre engagement en créant des solutions sécurisées. Parce que les gens ne peuvent donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes que lorsqu’ils se sentent en sécurité et qu’ils le sont. Nous créons des solutions sécurisées en développant les meilleures technologies intégrées à travers les écosystèmes de sûreté et de sécurité. Qu’il s’agisse d’appareils et de réseaux de communications essentiels, d’une sécurité vidéo et d’un contrôle d’accès basés sur l’IA ou d’une capacité d’unir la voix, vidéo et les données dans un seul centre de commandement. Nous créons des solutions sécurisées en connectant les agences de sécurité publique et les entreprises, permettant ainsi une collaboration essentielle entre les personnes qui ont besoin d’aide et les personnes pouvant aider. Le travail que nous accomplissons ici est primordial.
Motorola Solution’s Video Division is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent video management systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
As a Quality coach, you will have responsibility for coaching, mentoring, and advising one or more development teams to support them to collectively own and improve their quality.
You will be a passionate advocate for quality and will provide facilitation, experimentation, visualization, and evaluation.
You may facilitate requirements analysis, helping to disambiguate requirements and evaluate risks. Influence designs for testability, help detail desired test coverage, and how best to achieve it. This will involve coaching and commenting on unit testing, driving and supporting greater focus on integration and service level test automation. Helping to separate concerns, establish contracts and develop automation to reduce dependency risk and alleviate schedule constraints.
- Help POs/PdMs to facilitate effective requirements analysis
- Influence designs for testability and to minimise risk
- Coach and help the team(s) to analyze dependencies and plan contracts and agreements
- Coach and help the team(s) to analyze quality & delivery risks and provide mitigation plans
- Coach and support the team in detailing test coverage and deciding how to achieve this most efficiently
- Encourage and facilitate test automation, including supporting the team(s) with test design, approach, framework choices and designs, maintenance, and test data curation
- Help the team(s) apply appropriate test strategies and models including deciding on where to focus testing and why
- Support the team in alleviating dependency issues, risks, and schedule constraints through the application of testing/contracts to separate the concerns and enable either side to independently verify the dependencies are (still) met
- Assist with and contribute to tool and tech stack evaluations and decisions
- Help to educate and raise awareness of new techniques, strategies, tools, and processes that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team(s)
- Represent the customers and other roles and teams (e.g. ensuring support folks, technical documentation, sales, etc are all considered)
- Computer Science or related field or 4 years of equivalent work
- Experience with code architecture and design - able to understand design concepts and ideals
- 5+ years of technical experience in quality engineering or software development
- Passion for Quality
- Agility, experience of working and testing in agile development environments where change is constant
- Empathy, the ability to understand and represent different perspectives and views
- Collaboration skills, the ability to work across functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels
- Ability to guide teams to produce high quality deliverables
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, initiative and personal accountability
- Ability to prioritize and make rapid decisions in a fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate the team(s) to improve, innovate and experiment
- Self-driven and acts with an extreme sense of urgency and passionate about delivering quality
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Tester or test leader/coach in an agile development environment
- Experience with helping teams to shift-left and fail fast/prevent defects
- Experience with scaling agile testing
- Experience with testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Exposure to Video Management Systems
- Knowledge of security and other quality attributes and how to apply them in different environments
- Champion the quality and agile mindsets and help build quality and agility into the culture
The base salary range for this position in British Columbia is 90,000 - 10,000 depending on experience.
- University Degree
- 3+ years of experience in quality engineering, testing, quality assurance, test automation, software development, or similar experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.