System Manager (US Remote)
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
The CMSO Software Field Operations Support team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. Our support team is focused on Software Enterprise products such as 9-1-1 Call Handling, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
This position will be a floater role within the Field Operations, Emergency Call Handling (VESTA & CallWorks) Onsite Support Team. The role will be responsible for traveling to customer sites as needed for backfilling Onsite Managers on extended leave or to customer sites needing additional attention. The System Manager role will assist in the delivery of MSI contractual support agreements by coordinating with and assisting the various existing Onsite support models in-person and remotely, and by enhancing MSI’s role in providing additional services and product/support satisfaction for the customer. The System Manager will provide advanced technical support of Public Safety software solutions in a fast-paced environment and will be an escalation point for complex trouble tickets. Must have strong knowledge of desktop support, networking (router and switch configuration & troubleshooting), telephony hardware, Telco knowledge, supporting software applications, and diagnosing complex system architectures. Must be a diligent researcher, troubleshooting and reproducing issues to resolution. Must be capable of installing server hardware/OS, troubleshooting system infrastructure, and application architecture.
The System Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Travel in the US to assist and substitute for current Onsite System Managers in their various 9-1-1 support roles.
- Manage and lead day to day activities in meeting MSI’s contractual commitments documented in the Maintenance Agreement with the customer
- Manage and lead our relationship with the local service partner
- Manage and lead our relationship with the customer
- Ensure that customer satisfaction goals are meet both internally and with the customer
- Procure and coordinate any internally resources that maybe needed
- Ensures compliance with response/restoration time commitment
- Remotely diagnose system failure and facilitate call management as applicable
- Manage Emergency Service efforts and escalation procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related degree) or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of customer support experience
- 3+ years of IT support experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills. (Fluent in English, oral and written)
- Strong soft skills, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while maintaining effective communication with Customer and Motorola Management.
- Working knowledge of Analog and Digital Telephony
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA certifications or related experience
- In depth installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10 Operation Systems
- Experience with Windows Domain architecture/ integration / Active Directory
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
- Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience with VOIP applications
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Vesta 9-1-1 product line expertise
- Experience with VMware virtualization suites
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure or AWS)
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
- Experience with database related technology and administration (MySql or SQL Server)
- Experience with firewalls and security related applications
- Experience with GIS applications
- Bachelor's Degree OR 5+ years of experience in technical customer support
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.