Technical Support Specialist
At Motorola Solutions, we’re guided by a shared purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We’re solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That’s mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We’re solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that’s critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
Aperçu de l’entreprise
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous sommes guidés par un objectif commun: aider les gens à donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes dans les moments les plus importants - et nous sommes à la hauteur de notre engagement en créant des solutions sécurisées. Parce que les gens ne peuvent donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes que lorsqu’ils se sentent en sécurité et qu’ils le sont. Nous créons des solutions sécurisées en développant les meilleures technologies intégrées à travers les écosystèmes de sûreté et de sécurité. Qu’il s’agisse d’appareils et de réseaux de communications essentiels, d’une sécurité vidéo et d’un contrôle d’accès basés sur l’IA ou d’une capacité d’unir la voix, vidéo et les données dans un seul centre de commandement. Nous créons des solutions sécurisées en connectant les agences de sécurité publique et les entreprises, permettant ainsi une collaboration essentielle entre les personnes qui ont besoin d’aide et les personnes pouvant aider. Le travail que nous accomplissons ici est primordial.
This position is part of the Customer Support organization. This team deals directly with our partners and customers and helps them with resolving their technical issues related to Motorola Solutions Inc (MSI) products. It is a rapidly growing team with tons of career opportunities. The team values transparency, open communication, collaboration and customer first mentality.
Reporting to a Technical Support Team Lead or Manager, Technical Support Specialist ensures critical customer issues are resolved or escalated in the most effective and efficient manner. Success in this role is defined by a strong customer first mentality, a thorough systematic approach to troubleshooting, and the curiosity to learn about a diverse set of technologies. If you love to challenge yourself, enjoy getting to the bottom of issues and want to be part of a fast paced challenging environment, this opportunity is for YOU!
What will you get to do
- Learn and maintain a strong understanding of MSI Video products, including Video Management System, Cameras, Servers, and Networks.
- Research, collaborate and troubleshoot MSI products over the phone and digital mediums. Think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions.
- Lead with empathy, take complete ownership and show urgency when resolving technical issues. Concisely document software, hardware, and network information in a case management system. Provide an exceptional customer experience while taking incoming calls, emails, chats, and escalations.
- Prioritize between tasks including inbound calls, existing case management, live chats, and email requests.
- Continuously learn new skills, technologies & products, keeping up with MSI's pace of innovation.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in an IT environment with a Bachelor's Degree or Diploma/Certificate in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant software/computer related field is considered an asset -OR- 4+ years of relevant experience, additional prior vocational or technical education will be considered an asset.
- Certifications such as, but not limited to: CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MTA, LFS, MCSE, CompTIA A+. Minimum of 1 year experience working with CRMs.
- Prior contact center experience in a technical support environment is considered an asset. Experience working in environments using the KCS Methodology is considered an asset.
- Essential Skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to resolve customer issues in the shortest time with the highest quality.
- Well developed interpersonal communication (written and oral) skills with the ability to document and explain complex technical problems and solutions to customers of all skill levels.
- Ability to keep grace under pressure, multitask and prioritize based on business needs, provide timely updates and manage customer expectations and handle complex situations while troubleshooting critical issues & maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as collaborate effectively with team members with minimal supervision. Agile, resourceful learner with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a continuous learning mindset to absorb the technical details of an ever-evolving product line.
- Critical problem solving mindset with the ability to collect relevant data and reviewing basic logs to identify potential root causes.
- Ability to replicate problems in a lab environment.
- IP networking: routers, firewalls, wireless technologies, RTP, TCP/IP, UDP, IGMP and Multicasting Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various operating systems, software, and hardware. A familiarity with the Onvif profile or other video streaming services is considered an asset.
Required Working Shift
- Wednesday - Sunday : 11AM - 7:30PM ET (8 AM - 4:30 PM PT)
- Saturday - Wednesday : 11AM - 7:30PM ET (8 AM - 4:30 PM PT)
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in Canada.
Salary range is $45,500 - $77,400 CAD per year
- 1+ years of relevant experience in an IT environment with a Bachelor's Degree or Diploma/Certificate in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant software/computer related field.
- -OR- 4+ years of relevant experience, additional prior vocational or technical education.
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.