Technical Success Manager / Technical Account Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
The Motorola Solutions Software Enterprise Customer Success team enables the ongoing growth and adoption of solutions across our software enterprise portfolio and empowers the broader Motorola Solutions team to have a comprehensive view of customer sentiment and satisfaction. We work with new and existing Public Safety clients to ensure their success and delight with the Motorola Solutions Software Enterprise platform and services.
As a Technical Customer Success Manager for the Motorola Solutions Command Center and Mobile Video Software Portfolio, you will play a critical role in supporting our most technically complex and highly critical customer situations in specific public safety domains. You will provide technical advisory to the Customer Success Team with a deep understanding of how our software is best used by customers. Using your extensive knowledge and experience in either Public Safety Dispatch Centers or Law Enforcement/Fire Agencies, you will act as a key resource to assist Customer Success Advocates with identifying adoption barriers, establishing outcomes, understanding complex technical configurations, and working with an assigned base of agencies for a specific temporary period. Your focus, whether working with an assigned agency or assigned to assist another Customer Success Advocate, is to empower the technical aptitude and provide advice needed to ensure the team can focus on achieving outcomes and increasing adoption for the customer.
In partnership with the various Motorola internal partners, you will be working directly with assigned Public Safety agencies based on technical or adoption needs. You will build relationships with the agency's technical and command leadership representatives to ensure their agency’s needs and objectives are clearly understood, track the progress toward their intended or anticipated outcomes, and assist in gathering and engaging the necessary Motorola internal resources to drive adoption and ongoing product/portfolio use.
You will be working with the Motorola product teams to understand current roadmaps, feature releases, and best practices in configuration and have an awareness of any performance changes that could impact an agency’s path to adoption, use, and outcome achievement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage with an assigned group of customers and/or Customer Success Advocates to understand and deliver provisioning, configuration or other technical adjustments that empower the customer to improve or expand their use of the Motorola Solutions Command Center Software or Mobile Video Software portfolio in alignment with their agency goals and objectives
- Partner with the product teams to understand new feature/functionality releases and help communicate the impact of those releases to your assigned portfolio
- Gather data around product usability and feature requests and use that data to advocate for customer UI enhancements and feature requests with the product teams
- Document your customer interactions and keep customer data current and accurate within Gainsight
- Escalate issues within Motorola when necessary, taking extreme ownership as you track the escalations through resolution
- Continually develop and increase knowledge and understanding of our products and services and the value proposition for customers
- Use and analyze data to drive decisions and strategies on how to continually improve the onboarding process
- Engage in activities focused on increasing your personal development
- Demonstrate gratitude to your customers, your peers, and work partners for their partnership and support
- Celebrate the successes of your customers, peers, work partners, and yourself
- Strong Customer Focus: Demonstrates an understanding of the customer needs, proactively responds, and follows through on customer commitments as a top priority
- Relationship Building: Ability to build and enhance relationships at 360 degrees within Motorola and with agencies
- Technical Aptitude: Demonstrated ability to understand the full portfolio of technologies used in a Law Enforcement agency
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, key work partners, and managers
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time for customer workload and work-life balance
- Product Management: Skilled in developing timelines, scope, and managing initiatives from conception through completion
- Problem-Solving: Ability to evaluate situations and find effective and creative solutions
- Teamwork: Works well with others and thrives in a team environment
- Responsibility: Demonstrates ownership and commitment to execute on the management of all customers in your portfolio and expectations of your role
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to new situations and continue working at a high level
- Motivation: Ability to keep yourself motivated, along with those around you
- Commitment to Excellence: Strives to deliver positive outcomes
- Avid Learner: Commitment to increasing knowledge, learning from mistakes and developing personally and professionally
- Collaborative Learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Public Safety, Business Analysis, Field Service, CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), Record Management Systems, Evidence Management Systems, Call Taking, Call Routing, Dispatch, and Jail Applications
Must be able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time
Technical expert in ESRI, SSRS Reporting, Vesta, Emergency CallWorks, CommandCentral, PremierOne, or Flex Applications
SME on PremierOne or Flex, CAD, RMS, ESRI, or SSRS products
SME on Client Installation of Motorola Solutions products
SME on UCR (NIBRS or SRS)
Ability to provide all required customer training without assistance
Higher level education (Bachelor's or Associate's degree) preferred
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Public Safety, Business Analysis, Field Service, CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), Record Management Systems, Evidence Management Systems, Call Taking, Call Routing, Dispatch, and Jail Applications
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.