Sr. Account Manager (Central Florida)
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we live up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer by building the best possible technologies across every part of our safety and security ecosystem. That's mission-critical communications devices and networks, AI-powered video security & access control and the ability to unite voice, video and data in a single command center view. We're solving for safer by connecting public safety agencies and enterprises, enabling the collaboration that's critical to connect those in need with those who can help. The work we do here matters.
This Department is responsible for selling Motorola Solutions public safety solutions to City, County and Sheriff agencies in Central Florida.
**Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.**
The Sr. Account Manager (Sr. AM) will develop and implement a sales plan for all target public safety accounts. The Sr. AM will cover the full portfolio of Motorola land mobile radio products and services (core and emerging technologies). You are responsible for sales, strategic account planning and overall relationship management for customers for accounts.
The Sr. AM is responsible but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for sales, strategic account planning and overall relationship management for a number of “target” customers in Orlando/Central FL area
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each “target” account and or geography and their buying centers covering the full portfolio of Motorola products and services (core and emerging technologies)
- Assemble and coordinate a diverse team of internal & external sales resources to assess customer’s needs and address their requirements
- Act as a trusted advisor to influence customer’s technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions
- Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of products and services
- Proactively engage and lead channel partners in selling Motorola products and services to customers buying centers where appropriate
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within and outside of public safety; Sheriff, Mayor, CIO, Police Chief, Fire Chief and other officials in order to understand and influence technology and funding priorities
- Proactively engage Motorola executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship to position long term opportunities for Motorola
- Develop Motorola procurement vehicles for multiple solutions to be leveraged across an entire “target” account
- Outside sales experience selling solutions into government organizations is desired
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Willingness and ability to be a strong self-starter and hunt to identify/create sales opportunities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a C-Level executives
- Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
- Ability to lead a diverse group in addressing customer requirements
- High tech solutions sales experience
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices a plus
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Experience utilizing channel partners to address customer requirements
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience or 6+ years of sales/public safety experience
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.