System Manager - Berks County, PA
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we're living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses - safer everywhere. We're building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We're connecting public safety agencies and enterprises - enabling the collaboration that's critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We're committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Dedicated to and responsible for the Berks County PA 700 MHz Digital P25 Public Safety Radio Systems. The System Manager MSUT reside in or near Berks County, PA. The System Manager works directly at the customer site 5 days a week and 8 hours a day. The System Manager must be readily available to attend to the customer and system issues as needed.
Our people are on the front lines of our organization, building strong, long term business relationships and promoting our products and services to our valued customers
- The System Manager is the customer’s primary point of contact within Motorola Solutions.
- The System Manager acts as communications consultant and manager of contracted services.
- The System Manager serves as the primary liaison who will work closely with the Customer, Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, the Factory, System Engineering, System Integration, the Field Service Organization, the Service Support Network, third party contractors, and the local servicer.
- The System Manager is responsible for insuring the Terms and Conditions of the warranty/maintenance contract are met. This includes but is not limited to: System Administration, Inventory Management, Configuration Management, Site Management, User Support, Vendor Management, Operational Assessment, and System Planning. Coordinate service activities and ensure compliance to contract.
- The System Manager insures compliance with response/restoration time commitment. Using available tools and resources, manage Emergency Service efforts and escalation procedures. Provide analysis, recommendations and fault diagnostic information to the customer to achieve Best-in-Class system performance and utilization.
- The System Manager will meet regularly with the designated customer contacts to review system maintenance and repair activities, and discuss customer objectives and concerns.
- The System Manager will track and manage financials for service deliverables (overall budget, internal and 3rd party expenditures, profitability, etc.).
- The System Manager will assist Sales and Pre-Sale teams in development of proposals and overall efforts for offering additional services to the account. This will also include working directly with the customer for potential opportunities that do not require sales / pre-sale assistance (for both traditional and non-traditional services).
- The System Manager will work with the project team, who is continuing to implement the system (and additional expansions), to assist in the overall completion of the initial contract. This will include coordination for launching new services (when new sites / equipment are moving to operational status), identifying and managing conflicts with project team goals (resources, schedule, deliverables, etc.), and providing assistance (when appropriate).
Job Description also includes the following:
- Relationship Management
- Contract Renewals
- Accurate Forecasting
- Compliance (Governmental and Motorola contracting requirements and procedure)
- P&L Performance
- Working To Targets / Goals
- Maintain radio system data such as alias and radio ID updates, console templates, and TG and encryption configurations. Including use of Radio Management and Radio Central
- Monitor, investigate, escalate, and manage resolution of UEM alarms.
- Managing the Radio Control Manager inhibit and un-inhibit lost radio subscribers on the radio system.
- Review and test customer created radio subscriber codeplugs, as well as, update and maintain Motorola APX8000 radio subscriber assigned to System Manager.
- Reboot for specific Windows VM’s, Console PC’s at all dispatch sites, and the NM Clients after SUS (Software Update Subscription) updates.
- Maintain 3rd party equipment databases including NICE Inform, CommandCentral Aware, WAVE.
- Perform User Administration for all applications, including 3rd party products.
- MotoPatch local CEN devices
- Manage DiagnostX systems and reports.
- Manage NICE IP Logging system and pull audio recordings
- Manage MACH Alert system with shop support.
- Manage Depot repair with 3rd party shop support. Verify radios are repaired once returned from repair.
- Familiar with Command Central Aware.
- Familiar with WAVE
- Maintain and update subscribers in IMW
- Provide monthly system reports to customer – attend monthly service meeting with customer and shop.
- Strong working knowledge of Motorola ASTRO25 systems and their applications by customers.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communications skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to be a part of a team while aggressively working across Motorola organizations to proactively solve customer problems.
- 5+ years experience as a System Technologist, System Manager, Customer Service Manager, or related customer contact position.
- 2+ years of technical customer service experience.
- 2+ years experience with Motorola ASTRO25 system administration and operation, with Motorola training and certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Motorola’s Technology Roadmaps and their impact on customer’s future needs
- General understanding of communications industry trends and their impact on customer’s future needs
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, System Technologist, Customer Service Manager, System Manager, or Field Service Experience with one or more of the following: LMR, RF systems, Radio Communications, Radio Frequency, Wired/Wireless Communication Systems, IT Systems, ASTRO25 or Networking equipment.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.