Video Systems Engineer - US Remote
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we're living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses - safer everywhere. We're building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We're connecting public safety agencies and enterprises - enabling the collaboration that's critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We're committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
The Video Solutions team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering, and System Technologist personnel working together in a high-performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Our core customers uses a large complex network focused around real-time video for public safety situational awareness. The systems are comprised of multiple communication technologies and media types. The role will focus on the design, deployment and documentation of video solutions for these systems.
Position is remote but will require frequent travel to customer and installation locations throughout North America.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
The Video Systems Engineer will responsible for designing and implementing complex video surveillance solutions including, Video Management Systems, PSIMs, IP Surveillance Cameras, LPR cameras, IP networks, DVR’s, Servers, Workstations, Storage, hardwired and fiber communication systems, and RF wireless communications.
- Working with Sales, Operations and Project Managers, to complete site walks to determine specific client needs and scope.
- Develop and maintain engineering designs, diagrams, and bill of materials.
- Assist with proposal generation
- Accurately estimate project engineering time effort.
- Provide technical support and advice to PM and Installation teams.
- Create project specific install plans, scope documents, and test plans
- Configure, integrate, and troubleshoot equipment as required; provides support and assistance to third parties for sub-contracted activities.
- Act as external liaison for customers’ general contractors, subcontractors and trades people as needed during the implementation and support phases.
- Provide customer and peer training
- Delivering professional presentations.
- Experience deploying outdoor Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point wireless solutions.
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Working knowledge or certification for one or more top VMS (Video Management System) applications in the market Avigilon, Genetec, OnSSI, Milestone, etc
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar
- Working knowledge or certification from one or more cameras manufactures Vigilant, Avigilon, Pelco, etc.
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to non technical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Troubleshoot/monitor network performance and resolve performance and connectivity issues
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVP-TE, and LDP)
- Experience/knowledge in RF System Design (line of sight microwave propagation)
- Video System Integration, Network Engineering, System Engineering or Wireless Communications experience
Candidate must be able and willing to travel 50%+.
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
Bachelor's degree (Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
OR 2+ years of engineering, technical or similar experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.