At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we're living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses - safer everywhere. We're building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We're connecting public safety agencies and enterprises - enabling the collaboration that's critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We're committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
The Bid Manager will coordinate the end to end bid process when responding to Requests for Quotations (RFQ) or tenders with the goal to provide competitive offers while optimising project cost and protecting margins.
Working with sales managers and projects teams, the bid manager will provide bid support for customer aligned proposals, making sound business judgement and maximising bid winning chance. This position will be part of the Presales Europe team, working in a multi cultural environment and supporting sales teams across Europe.
Key responsibilities of the Bid Manager:
- Coordinate the end to end bid process when responding to Requests for Quotation (RFQ) or tenders from customers or business partners in a timely fashion, according to the bid plan and leading the presales process. Review and monitor bid progress and resolve / escalate issues and problems.
- Manage an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, supporting the sales team with the bid strategy development, partner identification and value proposition.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders. Interface with cross functional departments (Sales, Systems Engineering, Project Management, Bid & Quote, Procurement, Product Group, Finance, Legal, Strategy, etc.).
- Understand the opportunities in terms of customer requirements, timing, costs, risks, features, competition and any other area impacting bid content and strategy.
- Excellent understanding of the market, company products and high sensitivity to competitive issues and European Tendering rules to ensure consistency of the commercial proposal with the agreed bid strategy, financials and content as well as customer requirements fulfilment.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the company business practices and standards to ensure an appreciation of the broad scope of knowledge and content required to satisfactorily respond to tenders.
- Define Responsibility Matrix and Statement of Work for Organisation and partners / sub-contractors. Work with procurement to select partners / sub-contractors.
- Create project implementation plan and cost projections.
- Source and co-ordinate design input to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is first class and eye-catching. Responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations or demonstrations. Ensure all bid documentation is clear, concise and - crucially - compelling. Proof read all documentation (written by himself or others) either in the bid team or provided from internal or external sources.
- Risk management including risk identification and mitigation action plan throughout the bid process. This includes good understanding of Terms and Conditions working closely with finance and legal teams.
- Present deliverables to management for informed bid decisions.
- Complete professional handover of successful bids to the Post-sale organisation.
- University Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering (preferably in communications, computer science, software or similar field) or equivalent.
- Pre-sales bid experience, with proven track record of managing high-performing bid teams, preferably in telecommunications industry or project management background including project cost, scope, schedule and risk analysis, will be a plus
- Comfortable working at CEO/Director level (internal and external customers).
- Comfortable working for a dynamic, agile and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Team player with strong communication and commercial skills and ability to work under pressure to challenging deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Able to work independently with good analytical, organizational and judgement skills. Must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches. Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Winning Can-do attitude.
- Self-Driven and Motivated.
- Financial management experience: Estimating, Budgeting, Pricing, Risk assessment.
- Fluency in English, German and other languages will be highly valued.
- Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Google cloud-based systems
- MBA, APMP or PMP certification will be a plus.
- Previous experience in Public Safety communications will be a plus.