Customer Support Manager - Kansas
At Motorola Solutions, we're guided by a shared purpose - helping people be their best in the moments that matter - and we're living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We're solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses - safer everywhere. We're building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We're connecting public safety agencies and enterprises - enabling the collaboration that's critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We're committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Manager (CSM) is to effectively and efficiently manage the Lifecycle Service (LCS) business for their assigned customer contracts and ensure customer satisfaction with Motorola Public Safety Customers. The LCS business is a combination of forecasting, proposing new services and contract renewals and building relationships with customers and subcontractors. Ensuring customer satisfaction involves proper delivery and execution of service contracts. If any service is not being performed up to contracted specifications or a process is not producing the correct results, the CSM will become involved and find a solution.
The CSM will service both the state and local accounts of Missouri.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The CSM is responsible for the overall success of and relationship between the Customer’s Operation, Motorola Subcontractors, and Motorola. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide customers a single point of contact for Customer management and ensure service delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance.
- Work with customers to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Manage and maintain services scope as per services contract and ensure customers understand their obligations in regard to service deliverables.
- Ensure that Customers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by the Services Contract.
- Manage sub-contractors deliverables and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Manage product quality issues as needed (FSB’S)
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Assist partners and vendors as needed with payment and billing issues
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- Manage third party vendors as needed
- Manage contract change management as needed.
- Work with National System Service (NSS) for contract loading, renewals, and service contract change order requests.
- Gather and provide Booking Packages to NSS for contract loading
- Work closely with the Motorola Program Manager (PM) to provide a smooth transition from project implementation to warranty support and service delivery.
- The CSM ensures that there are clearly documented support/service expectations and processes for the customer. They seek to understand customer expectations and needs to ensure that their operational requirements are identified, properly supported, and if not what additional services can be proposed.
- Work with customer and field teams to create and/or update existing Customer Support Plans (CSP)
- Create customer and service provider Statements of Work
- Execute contract documents and obtain customer purchase orders
- Manage the service contract renewal process for all assigned lower complexity service agreements; including but not limited to customer inventory updates, SOW updates, CSP updates, 3rd party vendor pricing updates / changes,
- Installation Agreements (write-up, obtain PO, and manage)
- Lead and manage the coordination of variation and other change request response and implementation of approved changes.
- Oversee the change implementation into service delivery operations in coordination with Customer.
- Work with customers on up-sell / cross-sell
- Participate in the forecasting of revenue and margin related to Maintenance Agreements, Work Tickets, and Installs.
- Achieve stated on time contract renewal goal
- Achieve stated services growth goal for assigned contracts
- Basic financial acumen
- Computer skills (i.e. MS Office suite)
- Customer Satisfaction mindset
- Understanding of Motorola Solutions products and services
- Understanding of Oracle / Services Lifecycle tool and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of the Customer Call Center and the Network Operations Center offerings and procedures as well as a strong command of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 3+ years of experience in one of the following: customer service, customer support, sales support, account management, sales or public safety
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.