Software Deployment Project Manager - US Remote (Florida)
At Motorola Solutions, we’re guided by a shared purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – and we’re living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We’re solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses – safer everywhere. We’re building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We’re connecting public safety agencies and enterprises – enabling the collaboration that’s critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We’re committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
The Software Deployment & Integration organization delivers on-premise and cloud-based software solutions to the public safety sector. The group is committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. SWE deploys and supports products such as NextGen Call Services, Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems, Mobile Data Computing, Call routing and Intelligent Led Policing Solutions among other offerings.
Candidate MUST reside in the state of Florida
- Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status. Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
Winning Behaviors, Competencies, and Skills:
- An analytical mind that can adapt to the current environment, find ways to improve, think outside of the box, and be willing to fail fast.
- Innovative spirit that invites collaboration.
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business problems in complex selling environments.
- Ability to bring fresh ideas based on experience in various technical and non-technical enterprise projects.
- Self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- PMP certification is preferred but not required
- Candidates must be able to travel up to 25%.
This position is a remote position. Due to travel requirements, candidates must reside in the state of Florida (preferably central Florida).
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Bachelor's degree AND 2+ years of experience in project/program management or engineering/technical experience or similar.
- OR 4+ years of project management, engineering or technical experience or similar.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.