Montana/Idaho Systems Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we’re guided by a shared purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – and we’re living up to our purpose every day by solving for safer. Because people can only be their best when they not only feel safe, but are safe. We’re solving for safer - safer communities, safer schools, safer hospitals, safer businesses – safer everywhere. We’re building integrated technologies that help protect people, property and places. We’re connecting public safety agencies and enterprises – enabling the collaboration that’s critical for a more proactive approach to safety and security. We’re committed to solving for safer every day because the work we do here matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
This role will be responsible for delivering on MSI’s Maintenance Agreements by coordinating with the local service providers in all maintenance activities. In addition, this person will be responsible for looking for and growing MSI’s role in providing additional services for these customers. The System Manager/Technical Consultant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage and lead day to day activities in meeting MSI’s contractual commitments documented in the Maintenance Agreement with the customer
• Manage and lead our relationship with the local service partner
• Manage and lead our relationship with the customer
• Ensure that customer satisfaction goals are meet both internally and with the customer
• Procure and coordinate any internally resources that maybe needed
• Insures compliance with response/restoration time commitment
• Remotely diagnose system failure and facilitate call management as applicable
• Manage Emergency Service efforts and escalation procedures
• Maintain accurate records and service history statistics
• Review service information and quality reports generated by system service database
• Monitor and report system availability metrics to the customer on a monthly basis
• Communicate user issues as they occur
• Coordinate on-going continuous improvement efforts for system
• Coordinate efforts to develop new metrics for measurements
• Monitor PSB/SRN and SER Upgrade Bulletins and communicate to Customer/MSS or FSO
• Prepare briefings for Customers, Service Partner or Motorola Management as required
• Work with Customer and Motorola Sales AE to formulate future communications requirements
• Work with Customer, Service Partner, Motorola System Engineers, and third party contractors to review design recommendations for upgrades, additions, modifications, and/or improvements to radio communications system to insure compatibility
• Work with Motorola AE to identify new sales opportunities
- Strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges.
- Capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks.
- Knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Ability to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations.
- Ability to direct scheduling, task assignments, and training roadmap for a small team of local field service technicians.
- Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and/or Juniper networking equipment.
- Unique combinations of both multi-site RF communications systems and/or computer/networking skills are required.
- Open to occasional escalation management during non-standard business hours.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree and OR 6+ years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.