System Administrator - US Remote
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
VaaS, a “video analysis as a service” company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company’s image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations.
With over 15 billion rows of license plate and geospatial data, Digital Recognition Network (https://drndata.com) is a rapidly expanding License Plate Recognition (LPR) data company seeking a skilled Systems Administrator to assist in managing and maintaining our infrastructure, web applications, and data services that support our commercial customers. You will collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals, including developers and product experts, to ensure the seamless operation of our existing systems while also deploying and managing infrastructure for new solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Devops teams to support and offer guidance on business initiatives.
- Maintain existing systems by upgrading and resolving issues that occur.
- Configure and deploy Windows and Linux servers in on-prem and cloud environments.
- Maintain multiple Active Directory environments, as well as Duo, SecureAuth and Sophos MFA.
- Receive and follow up on security alerts to ensure the environment is protected.
- Maintain monthly patching of Wintel and Linux environments.
- Research and experiment with key technologies, architectures, and standards.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong experience with Windows Server 2012 through 2019, as well as Ubuntu Server 14.04 through 22.04.
- Experience working with cloud providers like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Experience with large Wintel/Linux environments.
- Familiarity with:
- Network infrastructure: Switching, routing, firewalls
- IAM: Microsoft Active Directory 2012 - 2022, Cloud IAM
- Authentication and authorization: LDAP, Kerberos, Directory Replication
- DNS: Microsoft AD integrated DNS, Route 53
- Web servers: IIS, NginX
- Database servers: SQL, MySQL
- Virtualization: HyperV, VMware
- Storage solutions: EMC, Dell
- SIEM, network monitoring/management tools
- ITIL service management: Remedy, ServiceNow
- Business continuity: Backups, restores
- Web load balancing: Haproxy, Azure Application Gateway
- Scripting: Powershell or other scripting language
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Independent, proactive, and hard-working
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals.
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating with people at varying levels, junior to executive, both internally and externally
- Able to receive feedback well and incorporate it into future work.
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years in system administration.
- OR 8+ years of equivalent system administrative experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.