System Technologist IV - Mid Atlantic
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission-critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure.
- Program, configure, optimize, test and document complex communications systems.
- Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Provide a very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN). Proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges.
- Installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
Deliver knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
Deliver knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
Strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
Solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues
Totally familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
Team with Engineering, Project Management and Sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
Optimization and support of complex communication system
Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and/or networking equipment
Unique combinations of both multi-site RF communications system and/or computer/networking skills are required.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate systems experience and have a minimum of 4 years of related experience with the following equipment:
Motorola Base Stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, etc.)
Centracom Consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100)
Channel Banks and T1 Circuits
Computer IP Networks and Configuration
Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
The Candidate must have skills in the use of various communications test equipment including:
Communication System Analyzers
Ethernet Link test sets
T1 Test Sets
TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
Digital RF Power Meter
Individual must have a knowledge of one or more of the following: Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure Operations and ASTRO A7.x Digital systems and installation procedures.
Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
Ideally the individual should have or be pursuing at least one network certification: Network+, CCNA, or NRS1
Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios or consoles.
Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Programming Software suite.
Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
Must have a current, valid driver’s license and no traffic violations.
Must be willing to travel extensively as needed.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- Bachelors degree OR 4+ years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service Experience with one or more of the following: LMR, RF systems, Radio Communications, Radio Frequency, Wired/Wireless Communication Systems, IT Systems or Networking equipment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.