Sr. Product Designer
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Présentation de l'entreprise
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous croyons que tout commence par la sécurité. C'est la constante qui permet aux gens d'avancer en toute confiance. Elle peut remplir un vol ou vendre un stade. Elle peut permettre de s'occuper d'un patient ou d'obtenir son diplôme.
En tant que leader mondial de la sécurité publique et de la sécurité des entreprises, nous créons et connectons les technologies qui aident à assurer la sécurité des personnes là où elles vivent, apprennent, travaillent et se divertissent. Notre écosystème technologique intégré unifie les communications critiques, la sécurité vidéo et le contrôle d'accès, ainsi que les logiciels de centre de commande, permettant une collaboration plus puissante.
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous inaugurons une nouvelle ère en matière de sécurité publique. Apportez votre passion, votre potentiel et vos talents à une carrière qui compte.
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career with impact.
Within the Envysion business unit at Motorola Solutions, we are helping more than 20,000 restaurant and retail operators connect video footage and data to run more profitable businesses. We have transformed video surveillance into a strategic loss prevention, security, and operational management tool by integrating video, audio, and transactional data from POS systems in one easy to use web and mobile application. Our managed video solution provides access to live and recorded video across multiple locations and camera views, streamlines loss prevention investigations, and facilitates convenient operational audits— all via one robust platform.
As a Product Designer, you have a proven track record of strategic thinking that helps you arrive at user-centered decisions. You have the confidence in coordinating with peers in business and technology to not only execute someone else’s strategy but to collaborate on crafting a vision. These leaders oversee a set of concurrent workstreams, requiring not only broad creative leadership but a comfort in establishing process and conducting planning. You are an advocate of human-centered-design principles, with a natural curiosity to understand people, and how they interact with products. You’re a system-thinker and are passionate about furthering our Design System while leveraging it to ensure consistency across the product suite. You are a team player who enjoys working and brainstorming with other designers, programmers, and managers.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the design process by showing design leadership and versatility in applying that process to their work, including developing the process and approach for tackling a problem. You don’t just follow best practices but set yourself and your team up to invent new ways of thinking about a problem, to enable innovation.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to uncover and define user problems and lead colleagues towards human-centered solutions.
- Employs a broad set of design tools to best solve and communicate user flows, interaction and motion, and knows which tool to use depending on scope and phase of the project. Tools include: sketching, diagramming, interface design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator) and native prototyping tools
- Demonstrates and articulates a strong understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. Consistently considers the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) and product overlaps in their own and others' work. Points out connections and potential collisions between different products, features and platforms.
- Communicates with product leads and engineers in their language, designing with consideration for their cares and concerns. Fosters a highly-collaborative design process and, as a result, is trusted by their team to talk through both scope and technical challenges and negotiate thoughtful outcomes.
- Participates in cross-discipline initiatives, bringing a design voice to the conversation and building trust between the design team and other disciplines.
- Balances existing visual and UX patterns with platform-specific patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience.
- Identifies and flags instances where existing patterns break down in their own work, as well as work done by other designers on that platform.
- Partners with User Research and Data Science throughout the design and development process to run research studies and experiments, analyze the findings and validate potential product changes. Socializes their learnings with the rest of product development in a thoughtful, articulate way in order to enhance everyone's understanding of our products and users.
- Leads the vision for their product area alongside their product and engineering counterparts; shapes their team's roadmap and goals by providing input from a user's perspective, and ensures they're pursuing achievable, measurable and impactful goals.
- Experience working in agile software development environments, you are able to pivot to new problems quickly, apply the right level of effort appropriate to the problem scope, and arm a development team with the design decisions they need to meet its sprint goals.
- 5+ years of experience, delivered successful work at the scope of "product areas"
- Hands on mobile app and responsive web design experience
- Worked on multiple types of workflows, personas
- Domain experience - B2C, Video, Data analytics
- Experience working with complex Design Systems
- Detail oriented and can steward your work though the development process
- Strong presentation skills to explain the intent of your designs to a variety of stakeholders
- Exceptional portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to design and maintain high quality, consistent user interface designs
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A history of strategic thinking reflected in your ability to speak about your designs with clarity and conviction
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience in design tools such as Sketch or Figma (we use Figma for daily design work)
- Comfort with Motion Graphics, Prototyping tools, Adobe Suite
- HTML5, XML, CSS or similar knowledge is a plus, but not required
The base salary range for this position in British Columbia is 100,000 - 120,000 CAD.
- 4+ years of experience in product design, UI/UX design, or similar experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.