Field Service Technician - Southeast Virginia
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
It’s not just about having the right technology, it’s about achieving peak performance. Motorola Solutions has served as a trusted partner to government agencies and enterprises worldwide for more than 85 years. Our years of leadership, innovation and experience managing and supporting hundreds of networks in more than 100 countries help answer the challenges of mission critical operations – ensure continuity, enhance productivity and reduce risk – helping achieve peak performance. When every second counts and performance reliability is a must – we are ready and able to serve today, tomorrow and into the future.
The Field Service Technician services public safety and public service across multiple Virginia municipalities and their critical communication systems, which include: Astro 25 Systems, Conventional Radio, 911, Computer Aided Dispatch Systems & Mobile Data Terminals, Recording Systems, Subscribers, Parts/Accessories, Fleet Mapping, Network Equipment, MOSCAD and BDA’s.
- The Field Service Technician (FST) will work with internal MSI employees, Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, the, System Engineering, System Integration, Service Support Network, third party contractors.
- Install, remove, program, and repair Motorola radio equipment.
- Supervise cases and projects to increase customer satisfaction, reduce downtime, and reduce costs.
- Deliver a strong working knowledge of Motorola radios and their applications by customers.
- Experienced with Astro 25 systems, subscribers, parts/accessories, programming, MOSCAD.
- Experience programming subscribers and writing templates.
- Confidence to work alone with minimal supervision and/or support only available by phone.
- Computer equipment experience and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with Mobile Data Terminals.
- Knowledge of whole car packages, including lights, sirens, and consoles.
- Experience working with SCADA systems.
- Strong MS Office/Google Docs skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communications skills, both orally and written.
- The FST will have periods of 24x7 on call with availability for phone support when other FST’s are on call.
- The FST will be required to attend OEM provided training for all equipment serviced.
- Training will occasionally require some travel <25%.
Must possess a current and valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract(s) and customer background check.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 5+ years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, Communications Technician, Radio Installation Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service Experience with one or more of the following: LMR, RF systems, Radio Communications, Radio Frequency, Wired/Wireless Communication Systems, IT Systems, Telecommunications, Public Safety, Engineering or Networking equipment.
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.