Field Service Technician - New York City
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it.
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Maintenance, repair, and management of highly technical Motorola communications systems.
- Focus on maintaining optimal performance levels across an integrated system while taking a pro-active approach to address and mitigate system level alarms and malfunctions.
- Manages system availability through routine system maintenance, performance monitoring and system wide preventative maintenance.
- Familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques for current model, digital and analog Motorola communications equipment and system architectures.
- Experience as a Communications System Technician
- Experience with P25 Systems, LMR RF systems, wired/wireless communication systems, networking equipment, IT networks and subscriber equipment.
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain the ability to pass background checks and obtain security clearances as well as possess and maintain a clean driving record.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor partner community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- Knowledge of configuration and testing of channel banks, routers, hubs, and switches
- Proven experience with the use of equipment commonly used in the optimization and testing of Motorola communications systems (Communications Systems Analyzers, Power Sensors and Watt Meters, TIMS sets, CPS, RSS, Antenna Systems Analyzers (FDRs), T1 test sets, etc.)
- Experience in the configuration and testing of Motorola two‐way radio and subscriber products.
- FCC license and industry certifications such as ETA are a plus.
- Familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques in transport, communications and RF systems.
- Knowledge of wired/wireless communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques.
- Must be on-call 20% of the time
- Associate's Degree/Technical Certificate or 5+ years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, Communications Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service Experience with one or more of the following: LMR, RF systems, Radio Communications, Radio Frequency, Wired/Wireless Communication Systems, IT Systems, Telecommunications, Public Safety, Engineering, Networking or Networking equipment.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.