Product Manager II, Cameras
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Présentation de l'entreprise
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous croyons que tout commence par la sécurité. C'est la constante qui permet aux gens d'avancer en toute confiance. Elle peut remplir un vol ou vendre un stade. Elle peut permettre de s'occuper d'un patient ou d'obtenir son diplôme.
En tant que leader mondial de la sécurité publique et de la sécurité des entreprises, nous créons et connectons les technologies qui aident à assurer la sécurité des personnes là où elles vivent, apprennent, travaillent et se divertissent. Notre écosystème technologique intégré unifie les communications critiques, la sécurité vidéo et le contrôle d'accès, ainsi que les logiciels de centre de commande, permettant une collaboration plus puissante.
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous inaugurons une nouvelle ère en matière de sécurité publique. Apportez votre passion, votre potentiel et vos talents à une carrière qui compte.
Motorola Solutions Inc. provides trusted security solutions to the global market. They design, develop, and manufacture video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. MSI solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager or Director of Product Management, this role is responsible for supporting the Devices team in expanding Pelco’s portfolio of cameras and video surveillance devices. This position typically involves supporting a variety of efforts within the organization necessary to achieve the business and goals for that product portfolio. A successful candidate will be working with a diverse team of product managers, engineers and marketing professionals on a variety of innovative solutions to drive Pelco’s growth strategy.
- Being the voice of the market and customer within the organization
- Support product managers in conducting customer and market surveys
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the needs of the physical security market by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers for our key verticals and geographic markets
- Deeply understanding the competitive environment and our product competitive position
- Establishing clear product vision – the who, what, why, where, and when (but not the how) and champion that within the organization and ensure all project decisions are consistent with that vision
- Own and manage elements of the devices portfolio throughout the entire product life cycle
- Develop and maintain the business case for each project including revenue projections and project ROI
- Liaise requirements between software, integrations, analytics and hardware teams
- Continually monitor product performance and take action accordingly
- Manage engineering and manufacturing change requests
- Create technical presentations for various stakeholders to communicate changes, new releases and product end of life
- Validate sales forecast working with Finance, Planning and Analysis
- Garner technical product knowledge, respond to field inquiries and escalations
- Work closely with training teams to develop material and sales tools for internal and partner training courses
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering related fields preferred
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Exceptional critical thinker, decisive, ability to anticipate market trends, evaluate trade-offs and risk in a manner that results in a well thought out strategy.
- Familiarity with hardware product lifecycle in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate will possess both technical and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Strong oral communication skills. Able to effectively present ideas, roadmap elements, status updates and/or proposals to upper levels of management, including non-technical staff.
- Exceptional written communication skills in support of vision, market, Exceptional relationship skills that support strong sustained interaction with customers, prospects, industry leaders, and the development organization.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently
The following skills and experience would be beneficial but not required:
- Previous application engineering or product management experience
- Familiarity with still cameras, video cameras, networking and codecs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in product or project management
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.