Project Manager II, Hardware
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Présentation de l'entreprise
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous croyons que tout commence par la sécurité. C'est la constante qui permet aux gens d'avancer en toute confiance. Elle peut remplir un vol ou vendre un stade. Elle peut permettre de s'occuper d'un patient ou d'obtenir son diplôme.
En tant que leader mondial de la sécurité publique et de la sécurité des entreprises, nous créons et connectons les technologies qui aident à assurer la sécurité des personnes là où elles vivent, apprennent, travaillent et se divertissent. Notre écosystème technologique intégré unifie les communications critiques, la sécurité vidéo et le contrôle d'accès, ainsi que les logiciels de centre de commande, permettant une collaboration plus puissante.
Chez Motorola Solutions, nous inaugurons une nouvelle ère en matière de sécurité publique. Apportez votre passion, votre potentiel et vos talents à une carrière qui compte.
At Motorola Solutions we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
The Video Security & Access Control (VS&A) Enterprise Physical Security
organization Project Management Team has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work on the delivery of key products from the company roadmap. Working with an energetic, highly skilled, and diverse team within engineering and across several business functions, the Project Manager will be responsible for early scoping, planning, innovation, execution, control, and closeout of several small to medium-sized projects. Projects are designed and delivered in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, where customer satisfaction and time to market are key success factors.
Duties vary depending on the nature of projects but will most often include:
- Create complete project schedule and planning documents including, but not limited to effort estimates, resource requirements, and capital costs
- Project execution according to the approved project plan and schedule
- Actively monitor project progress, track outstanding issues and risks and their mitigation plans, follow up on action items, and provide timely project status updates
- Actively manage and support cross-departmental project teams and technical leaders, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality deliverables
- Work with manufacturing teams to plan and coordinate prototype production
- Work with other Hardware, Firmware, and Software project managers to coordinate project dependencies across teams
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and suppliers as appropriate
- Maintenance of project documentation over the life of the project
- Evolution of project management processes to ensure an efficient project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- A solid understanding of NPI projects and Product Lifecycle Management
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a hardware project or program management role is desirable
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is considered a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Background in hardware (mechanical, electrical, firmware) design development
- Ability to plan and work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and diverse stakeholders
- Experience developing formal project deliverables including reports, charts, status updates, executive summaries, and presentations
- Understanding of software development and dependencies in relation to hardware delivery
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations and concise updates to project sponsors and senior management
- Proficient use of engineering change management tools such as Agile PLM is considered a plus
- Proficient use of issue tracking and wiki based tools where familiarity with Atlassian tools is considered a plus
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of project management experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.