Technician Field Service (Merida, Yucatan)
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Field Service Technician provides technical support for many projects, their implementation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance. Field Service Technician supports the projects and our customers both locally on site and remotely.
The key responsibilities of the Field Service Technical:
- Manage and/or perform detailed implementation of communication system solutions and services which satisfy the requirements of the customer, end users and operators.
- Build Customer relationships; presenting technical solutions to Customer, conducting technical negotiations with Customers, partners and suppliers and providing Customer technical consultations, advice and review as well as technical documentation as per the Contract requirements.
- Provide technical support and consultations for / with the System Integration Centers and clarification of technical issues with the Customer, third parties and within Motorola Solutions.
- Provide 3rd party management for ordering, installation and integration, documentation, quality management and acceptance testing, technical change management.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and (on-site) Site Acceptance Tests (SAT), while coordinating all technical aspects of the acceptance testing.
- Work with product groups to ensure equipment is available to meet project timescale.
- Provide technical support during all project phases.
- Support for updating system ‘as built’ documentation.
- Provide local support to the customer (in some cases 24/7 on call Service support).
- Perform Preventive and Corrective Maintenance to customer systems under support contract.
- Support SW / HW upgrades.
- Attending customer meetings, status updates, project reporting etc.
- Technical CSM support.
- Fluent in English would be advantageous.
- University degree or equivalent education in one of the following faculties: Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering; Telecommunication Engineering; Electronic Engineering; Network Engineering; Computer Systems Engineering; Electro technology Engineering.
- At least 3+ years professional experience in the area, e.g. Computer System and Network Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer, Field Network Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Customer Support Engineer.
- Availability and willingness to work on a 24/7 On-Call Support Service (25%).
- Manual skills for field work like wiring, soldering, physical installation of equipment.
- Mexican passport.
- American visa.
- Valid Driving license.
- Availability and willingness to travel (25-50%), inside and outside the country.
- Willingness to obtain relevant Security Clearance to enter a customer site.
Experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- TCP/IP, Radio Communication Systems, Command and Control Systems, Local and Wide Area Networks, Networking Protocols, Technical Analysis and Problem Troubleshooting.
- Specific experience in Motorola technology as DIMETRA and MOTOTRBO Capacity Max and WAVE/Kodiak and further experience in NICE Voice Logging technology would be advantageous.
- CompTia Network+ & CompTia Security+ certifications or equivalent are a plus.
- Understanding of Cyber-Security matters is also a plus.