FullStack Software Engineer - Rave
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Rave engineers take great pride in the products they develop because our software-as-a-service (SaaS) product suite keeps millions of people across North America safe, secure and connected. The Sr. Software Engineer role is tasked to develop and evolve Rave's platform and ensure that reliability, performance, and security are incorporated into everything we do. With this opportunity, you will use your computer science background and engineering expertise to shape Rave’s platform-wide approach for managing, analyzing, and implementing highly reliable mission critical software.
Perform full-stack application development using Java Enterprise platform as well as front-end UI technologies and frameworks
Partner on the design and iterative development to enhance and support an effective, reliable and secure Alerting solution that scales to address Rave’s future vision
Interact cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Product, and QA teams
Design approaches supportive of Rave’s multi-tenant SaaS architecture
Help convert functional requirements into technical designs addressing high level business and use-case objectives
Work with cloud technologies and implementation of platform features within the cloud
Develop and share industry and product technical expertise
Analyzes, develops, designs, and maintains software for the organization’s products and systems. Performs system integration of software and hardware to maintain throughput and program consistency. Develops, validates, and tests: structures and user documentation.
- At least 4 years’ experience developing for highly scalable fault tolerant systems
- Experience must include the following: Java, J2EE, SOA services, Spring, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures, REST Services, Web technologies and internet protocols.
- UI development and proven engineering experience delivering front end features
- Excellent knowledge in practicing architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
- Experience developing innovative solutions that meet organizational needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and alignment to development goals and principles.
- API design & implementation experience
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL and databases, MySQL preferred
- Experience working within the Agile development methodology
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
- Preferably knowledgeable of the types of organization served by Rave (state and local public safety, facilities / property management)
- BS degree in Computer Science or other relevant field(s)