CAD/RMS System Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
CMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
**Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.**
THIS IS AN ON-SITE/REMOTE Hybrid POSITION WORKING with the Michigan Public Safety Communication System (MPSCS). Must be able to commute or travel as needed to Customer site in Michigan.
Responsibilities of the CAD/RMS System Manager include but are not limited to:
- Provides tailored technical customer operations support
- Develops strategies for implementing operational efficiencies by reviewing work flows, procedures, and performance
- Executes customer operations policies and procedures
- Builds and maintains positive, effective, and mutually beneficial-working alliances with customers
- Initiates problem solving action and follows through to resolution
- Performs root-case analysis of problems to formulate and recommend improved alternative operations
- Leads process improvement initiatives
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of IT or public safety experience
- 3+ years Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, System Maintenance experience (public safety system experience preferred)
- 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving CAD/RMS/Mobile, and other emergency 911 center equipment greatly preferred
- Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
- Experience creating positive working relationships with customers and application end users.
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working both alone and in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE skills)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM)
- Experience with Public Safety Applications including CAD, Mobile and RMS
- Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, network and third-party components
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
High school diploma or equivalent
3+ years of IT or public safety experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Must be able to commute or travel as needed to Customer site in Michigan.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.