Solution Architect - US Remote
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team delivers solutions to the public safety market (911, Police, Fire, EMS). The team delivers products and solutions that make our customers the best they can be in the Moments that Matter.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and implements customer installation activities in a time-sensitive manner.
- Ensures customer delivered systems are fully functional prior to GoLive.
- Trouble shoots system issues, network issues, and infrastructure problems.
- Understands Public Safety customer environments for product security and reliability.
- Delivers solutions within the context of a defined product, standard interfaces, and limited flexibility.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures when required.
- Identifies product defects and monitors resolution from engineering to customer acceptance.
- Complies with corporate requirements and training.
- Tracks billable hours for project work completed.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- 3+ years experience in Enterprise, Public Safety or government Systems Deployment or have managed CAD/Records products in a government setting.
- Public Safety experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts.
Proficiency in the following areas
- Windows Server 2016 or newer
- RedHat Linux
- VMWare/ESXi/virtual machines
- Ctree database
- Apache Tomcat
- Must be a self motivated team player
- Must have excellent communication skills
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2+ years experience in an IT Field.
- OR 5+ years experience in the IT field.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.