Senior UX Designer
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Want to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We are redesigning the way public safety works to make the world a safer place. From emergency call-taking, dispatch, and video security solutions to applications for first responders, we are building some of the most meaningful software today. Real, professional, tools. The design team includes UX designers, Visual designers, Experience researchers, and UX engineers.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will collaborate with product managers, developers, data scientists, and other members of the global UX team to design the next generation of public safety applications. You will be enabling a design-led product development process with a human-centered approach. You will be leveraging the power of design to inspire change and execute the vision.
• Work with product managers and dev leads to define product strategy, requirements, priorities, and schedule.
• Collaborate with the global UX team to review concepts, evolve processes, and ensure unity across the company
• Work closely with experience researchers to understand user needs and conduct usability testing
• Create the “North Star” experience vision for our suite of applications to inspire stakeholders
• Leverage industry best practices and tools to create wireframes, flows, and prototypes to communicate design intent to stakeholders
• 5+ years as a professional with a proven track record of practical work experience as an interaction, product, or user experience designer and having consecutively delivered comprehensive and intuitive end-to-end solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, UX/interaction design, industrial design, or design strategy
• Strong ability to articulate reasons behind decisions related to designs and solutions to stakeholders, customers, and the engineering team
• Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
• Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Experience with Figma, Invision, AdobeCC, and other industry-standard wireframing and visual design tools
• Experience with animation and motion design is a plus
• Strong skills in graphic design and visual asset production preferred