Infrastructure Solution Architect - US Remote
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the deployment of Computer Aided Dispatch Systems, Mobile Applications, and Records Management Systems. The group deploys hardware and equipment associated with on-premises deployments in the public safety market for government and municipal projects. The team follows Standard Operating Procedures to continually strive for standardization and reuse. The candidate must have a background in information technology including IP Networking, VMWare, High Availability Systems, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL, and configuration of at least one family of firewalls. Qualified candidates must be able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues and provide technical leadership and guidance team members. Ideal candidates will have a philosophy of life long learning. Travel is required.
- Coordinates and implements customer installation activities in a time-sensitive manner
- Ensures customer delivered systems are fully functional and available for software deployment
- Owns Disaster Recovery (Hot/Standby) fully redundant system performance and switchover.
- Performs software updates, system upgrades, data backup/restoration, and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots system issues, network issues, and infrastructure problems
- Experience as a System Administrator and working knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016 and later
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2017 and later
- Knowledge of VMware, VMware ESXi hypervisor, managing Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of SCOM Operations Manager
- Networking Expertise: Uses tools, packet capture, traffic analysis, etc.
- Knowledge or use of scrum methodology and available tools to manage project tasks (eg. Scrum, Kanban Board, LeanKit)
- Understands Public Safety customer environments for product security and reliability
- Delivers solutions within the context of a defined product, standard interfaces, and limited flexibility
- General software and IP networking skills are critical. Must be a Problem solver.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures when required.
- Identifies product defects and monitors resolution from engineering to customer acceptance.
- Complies with corporate requirements and training.
- Tracks billable hours for project work completed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise, Public Safety or government Systems Deployment
- Experience in at least one of the following is required:
- Systems Integration
- System Test
- System Support
- Information Technology.
- Public Safety experience preferred
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2016 or newer
- SQL Server 2017 or newer
- Must be a self motivated team player
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Should have general networking knowledge and ability to debug TCP, UDP connections
- Knowledge of packet capture tools
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
This position is a remote position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- 5+ years of professional experience including product deployment and integration, product testing, and/or product development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401K with Company Match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.